New to the game - please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the game - please advise

Hi everyone! I would love some constructive criticism regarding my first website. The URL is www.madisoncountyshrineclub.com

I am in the midst of centering all of my pages, and changing the width. Thanks to the member that pointed that out to me already. If you have any suggested, please reply.

Have a great day!
    Debi

Re: New to the game - please advise

Honestly, I really think your site would shine if you had a defined "page area" like a white rectangle under everything....and that way also, your textboxes need not be mish-moshed with backgrounds of their own that conflict with the text itself.

You would fine a much smoother "flow" emerging from a uniform layout scheme, and find better alignment possible as well (got to satisfy the sub-conscous eye from evaluating negatively from preset expectations, you know?).

Try creating a square "object" .... double-click on the square. .. and in PROPERTIES, tick "Line" as 1 pixel/black and "Fill" as White ... then OK.
    >> NOW...don't fret (as it is on top of everything else)!!! Right-click on the new white square, and then click "SEND TO BACK" ...... you can still re-position it and size it properly even though it is under everything, but can you see how it really helps to define your site, properly, and "soothingly" to the eye (which expects this type of presentation, to determine the "relationships" of the information and the objects presented)???

Now...apply from there 'site-wide' simply by clicking ONCE on the white object (which "highlights" it), and use the icon on the top browser bar of BV to COPY it ..... go from page to page and click the icon next to Copy (looks like a clipboard) to PASTE it in exactly the same position on each page. Send To Back id needed, and re-publish all pages. That's pretty simple, but ONLY if you use the Copy/Paste icons as mentioned: if you do it manually, you will not get precise positionjing, and will need to laboriously verufy exact placement to avoid the uneven page-to-page transition.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: New to the game - please advise

SORRY! Being tired allowed too many typos to get in, and I got timed out, so here is the "easier read" version:

Honestly, I really think your site would shine if you had a defined "page area" like a white rectangle under everything....and that way also, your textboxes need not be mish-moshed with backgrounds of their own that conflict with the text itself.

You would find a much smoother "flow" emerging from a uniform layout scheme, and find better alignment possible as well (got to satisfy the sub-conscous eye from evaluating negatively from preset expectations, you know?).

Try creating a square "object" .... double-click on the square. .. and in PROPERTIES, tick "LINE" as 1 pixel/black and "FILL" as White ... then OK.
      >> NOW...don't fret (as it is on top of everything else)!!! Right-click on the new white square, and then click "SEND TO BACK" ...... you can still re-position it and size it properly even though it is under everything, but can you see how it really helps to define your site, properly, and "soothingly" to the eye (which expects this type of presentation, to determine the "relationships" of the information and the objects presented)???

Now...apply from there 'site-wide' simply by clicking ONCE on the white object (which "highlights" it), and use the icon on the top browser bar of BV to COPY it (find it by rolling cursor over icons)..... go from page to page and click the PASTE icon (next to Copy - looks like a clipboard) to PASTE it in exactly the same position on each page.
      "Send To Back" each, if needed, and re-publish all pages.

That's pretty simple, but ONLY if you use the Copy/Paste icons as mentioned: if you do it manually, you will not get precise positioning, and will need to laboriously verify exact placement to avoid the uneven page-to-page transition.....

You have my email if you need some help!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X