Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages missing

My contact and Links page is producing the following,

The requested URL /contact.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.digitalvideoinventories.com Port 80

How do I rectify this please

www.digitalvideoinventories.com

Re: Pages missing

Hi, you have named your page with an upper case "C" & your url link with a lower case "c"

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey John,
      You have a very clen looking site. your inventories page is not centered. You also have a couple of pages that have the same name. Looks good just needs the always needed tweaking. Good Luck!!
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thanks for your advice and help.
        I have made the changes and republished.

Kind Regards
        John Phillips

Comment

First thing I could see is the need to clean up your navigation: in your buttons, I would make the font size maybe 2 sizes smaller, and make it BOLD in order to not run outsize visually appealing margins, and to make them more legible and prominent for visitor use at the same time.

Consider how definitive use of Font mantenence on your site helps create a sense of uniformity and cohesion of "flow", which in turn evokes a cripsness that speaks "professionalism"......
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the advice, have followed it and republished.

Kind Regards
            John Phillips.

Comment

Your site lacks anything "inviting" or even basic of visitor appeal....maybe you are relying on traditional marketing methods entirely and discount random or web derived traffic entirely?
              > The site is "stark" and lacks pertinent, themed, complimentary, or explantory use of images. Everything from the cold Font-based header/logo to your 'replacement' with the grey-background area (which is an incongruent color to your overall scheme). Get creative!

Your site page transition is weak: do you not note that your page headers are not positioned precisely page-to-page?

Page composition could use better formatting for text: different font besides Roman...try Tahoma, and maybe a dark blue instead of a black if using this template? Maybe a click bigger too, so to lighten up the reading crunch...

I am going to let others continue from here.....

Good Start!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your advice, I am new to this so suggestions are always welcome.
                A bit afraid of messing with it but I will give it a try.

Regards
                John Phillips.

Comment

Hi, when you get a second John. Set your all your page widths to 780. It will center the site a bit better. Its set at 700 at the mo, & pushing everything to the right 80px.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris, I have done as you suggested and republished.

Could you tell me why the thank you page appears to have a page overlay?

I have been into the cp and deleted the page then republished but it is still there.

Many thanks.

John.

Comment

Hi, its seem like there are 2 thankyou pages (Obviously) lol. On your thankyou page is there 2 html boxes with code in them, because there is 2 lots of code on the page when you look at the page source at my end. Like something has been duplicated by accident . Strange.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by John Phillips View Post
                        A bit afraid of messing with it but I will give it a try.

Regards
                        John Phillips.
                        Hi John,

An easy way to 'mess' with it is to open a blank page and use the 'clone page' feature (second form left in your bv toolbar). Name it your pagenameclone or 2 or something. Try anything you like on this page while the original stays intact. When you get it to something you like rename it to the original name and republish. It will overwrite the original page both in bv and on the web.
                        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
                        X