• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kkrueger
    Corporal

• Feb 2008

Site Review

Hi Everybody...

This is huge for me...5 months ago I didn't know anything about links, or templates or ANYThInG!

And Blue Voda has totally made it easy and wonderful to use. There are a couple of things that I am still trying to learn. I saw a wonderful post about how to do the Nav Bar and updating on several pages at a time...and I am going to have to re-read that, If I can find it again. I have not added my pages yet so they aren't working...it is only my main page that I am asking for review.

The text links...I don't know how to change them to put my own text in...and I don't like the Color Blue...anyway to change that?

anyway, I am looking forward to the feedback

BTW, this is my personal experience!

Thanks for looking and your time...it is really appreciated and valued.

Karen

• SAman
    Major General

• Mar 2007

Re: Site Review

Hi Karen,
    First things first, youneed to go into the page properties and click on the center page in browser box, then republish. I'm not quite understanding your question, are those links in the text not yours, and you want them to point to your pages, or you want to change the text, or just the color? I'm old and slow, and sometimes I'm just plain lost. You are doing good, hang in there. Good Luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• kkrueger
      Corporal

• Feb 2008

Okay, is it centered now? The box was checked, but I must have placed it off center in the grid.

The text links that say Click Here for the 12 Hour cure for yeast *********

I would like that to be something other than Blue...but is that okay since Blue is the standard color for links?

The other thing are the links that are in the text (the Candida Story)...Blue high lighted text in the story...that link that goes to another page. I want it to open in a new page and I want it to go to a specific product. But I don't know HTML and don't know how to change it.

I know that you can click the target to have it open in _blank in the Link insert function.

But my problem is the code that I am getting from the sponsor. When I try that trick of inputting "target_"blank" so that you could manually make it go to a new page it shows up as text with "target_blank" right above the banner ad.

Oh Help me Please I hope that makes sense, and I am old and slow tooo...so your patience is greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You should correct the titles on your images....they all have spaces (which are turned into "%") and thereby de-values anything you tried to establish with clever Key Word insertion, actually counting against you since it is seen as a "non-compliance" value rather than just a lower score in the other direction...

I would suggest making a background to ease the eye, and to compliment the page (even to make it 'pop' with a greater sense of professionalism .... something these types of sites definitely need to implement) .... maybe a light/dove grey??

Did a good job laying out the page....I personally would try to soften it a bit, maybe play with font size and color....but, that's me!

Great Job!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• kkrueger
          Corporal

• Feb 2008

Oh thanks for the tips...I haven't gotten to my keyword insertions yet.

Where would I put those in the pictures? I know it's done in the background, so I would use properties...right?

And a Background is a good question...how do i do that?

I just learned about the borders today

Any suggestions on links and how I can make them open in a different page? Especially the banner ads?

Thanks so much...again

Comment

• kkrueger
            Corporal

• Feb 2008

Vasili,

Thank you so much for the feedback...I changed the background. I couldn't really decide on a color that would compliment the page. I almost went with black...but it seemed like too much contrast.

Can you explain how to change the labels on the pictures for SEO? Do I change the labels on my computer and then upload them again...or can I change the labels in the HTML?

Boy, this is a lot to do...and BTW I love your work.

Looking forward to more feedback!

thanks,
            Karen

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

No Problem, Karen - looks good! ... (and thanks!)

Please email me for personally detailed "helps" -- I can't find your email anywhere (your site goes to an affiliate?)
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, sites looking good. You need to center your pages. I think what is happening with the way you are building the pages, is that you are centering the things you place on the page to look center of your screen. With BV you build your site from the left of your screen, & in your case set the WxH to 818x3100 & tick the center in browser box after you have moved all elliments to the left.
                At the moment you have the background white area set at 194px from the edge of your page & placed everything in the center of this.
                This will automatically push everything to the right.

Good luck,
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• ansara
                  Private

• Jan 2008

Hi everybody,

Your site is normal, it doesn't have menus, logos and search tools .

Comment

Working...
                  X