• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terryodo
    Sergeant

• Jan 2008

Getting Short On Time

Hi all have been beavering away at this website which is actually now two domains and am on a bit of a mission. Haven't got all the photos in the store part, nor all the download files and the hints and tips section still needs to be uploaded too but as for ease of use, entertainment and layout etc, would like as much criticsm as possible please.

Be hyper critical for me folks
    www.terryodonnellphotographs.com
    lots of love & luck
    Terry
  • karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Re: Getting Short On Time

Terry I am short on time as I am just going out the door but I could start you off. Firstly your title at the top of the page is obstructed by your buttons from where I am looking. This is the word PHOTOGRAHS, its not in line with your name.

The text at the side where you describe the meaning of certain words is very small and nearly impossible to read. You would be better giving more information on your home page about where you are situated, how long you have been in the business, anything to give more information.

Your about me page needs to be placed neater and in paragraphs to make it easier to read and give it a smarter look

On your home page your links are at the top of the page and the inner pages down the side or all over the page and in different button images, you would be better sticking with one or the other, it just looks a bit all over the place at the minute and makes it hard to navigate, I honestly kept getting lost.

Also really don't think using two domains in one website is a good idea, I knew instantly I had jumped to another site, there maybe other problems with this, search engine issues and other things, someone maybe able to tell you more, but I really do not think this is a good idea.

Few other things that I am sure others will point out.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Tom vR
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Shu....Awesome. This is the longest time I have spent on a website to review. Not really looking for mistakes, but rather enjoying the beauty thereof. Everything is professional, photography, paintings, everything. The layout, colour or color or couleur, spell it how you like, is excellent. I really enjoyed your story about you. I can tell that you really have passion in what you do. I think you were right in front of the line when the Lord handed out the talents. Thank you for sharing the beauty of the Lord's creations with the rest of us. Yes, that is how I felt while browsing your beautiful site.

I actually like the navigation on the home page. Navigatiing the galleries are excellent. My only concern here is the number of images in the lightboxes. Too many makes it loading slow.

I agree with Karel about having two domains on one website, might not be a good idea. Why dont't you put the Painting domain under Links?

I also agree with the menu buttons to be in the same position on all pages.

Once in your shopping cart, it is not so easy to get out of it to get back to the main site. I know you can click on Terry O'Donnell Photographs in the footer area, but it would be nice to have a button to take you back to the index page.

Others might find more mistakes or advice to give, but I spent such a long time looking at your site, enjoying it, that I'm now behind schedule with my own planning for the night.....that I was overwhelmed and could not find other mistakes. Otherwise you have done an excellent job. Well done.

As far as your health is concerned, I really hope you will get better soon. There are miricles in prayer, lol.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

• SAman
        Major General

• Mar 2007

Terry,
        Very nice! Ditto what Paul said on the title. I like the buttons on the left, guess I 'm a creature of habbit. You have done a real good job.
        Good Luck with everything!!
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ditto with the above. Bit slow on the loading & i think you may of over compensated to get faster loading pages with the loss on quality on some of the images. JAlbum.net is worth a look? & it will do everything you want, including the water marking.

Good luck
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Review request edited per Terry's request.

My own suggestions for you run the SEO gamut - your page titles need to be tightened up, using keywords - no one cares that it's the "home page" for example. You need to also look into your keywords when writing text on the pages. Take a gander at the basic (very basic) seo book in my signature.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• CarbonTerry
              Major General

• Oct 2005

Terry,
              Nice pix !! Your textnavigationlinks look a bit run together. perhaps a slightly smaller font?
              The blue text on the black background are a bit tough on these old eyes.
              Keep up the nice work.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

• jkadin
                Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

Well done, must have realy took alot of planning to do it. It was worth looking at enjoyed your photos. Hope all the effort you had placed in it works out. Good luck with it.

Joe
                www.anytime-figurines.com
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

i have always been a fan of your work ... the website looks awesome ... well done ... ditto to Tom's comments ... well done ...
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X