Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay.... testing 1 2, testing 1....2!

Hi everyone

3 nights ago my dad suggested i use blue voda to make my own website, as i explained i didnt have the budget to spend thousands as quoted.

So i had a crack at my own site, and even though its not finished, im too excited to wait, so, here it is as a first draft.

Please give me feed back. Inparticular the speed, im dissapointrd with the handling of file size... im going to have to ask blue voda if i can bump my plan up to a higher speed or some thing.

Thanks
    :)
    www.kcbproductions.net
    Sydney l Australia

Re: Okay.... testing 1 2, testing 1....2!

Hi, your off to a real good start. On the speed side if things, VH has very fast servers & page speed is down to the quality & type of files you are using.
    Need to set your pages up for about 800-1000 wide & center. They are looking a little off center at the moment.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Good start! You don't have any buttons to return to home or any other pages once you leave the home page. ( At least I didn't see any)
      Keep it up!!
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I like it, Speed is a factor. very Slow....keep going with it

Comment

If I understand your post correctly I get the imression this is your first time and this is also what you have come up with in 3 days?

You have nothing to worry about... you are off to an exceptionaly good start... If you can learn the technique of centering your pages by using the page properties tab and ensuring your page widths are set to your outlined guide page widths you have set up you can smarten this up a tad. Can't wait to see the finished result tho. Well done.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

thank you every one...

yes it is my first time making a website.. and you are right it is off centre, i didnt know how to change that.. ill set it to the dimensions suggested...

between no sleep and watching stacks of tutorials i was able to wack it together, and i know a little of photo shop too, so its all jpgs etc .. i cant believe how simple this sw makes making a site.. i dont think i could ever be sucked in to paying any web designer after discovering this.

Couple of further questions, can you make windows smaller, as in making it look like a little music player window?

And can you upload mp3s to the site so clients can down load them, like going to a client log in page with their logo etc, and a file there waiting??

thanks all.
            www.kcbproductions.net
            Sydney l Australia

Comment

We might need to talk. I am also in a similar business, but with the live music / installs.. I do like the design.

For Slowdowns: the jpegs are probably big files, so that could be what is causing the slowness for the users. You can reduce the resolution of the pic to a smaller file size. Also with the music, can reduce the sound quality but not too much or u will lose people too.

Keep in mind if the page causes slowdowns with browsing, people will usually skip it.

I like the page!
              Thanks,
              Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
              mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
              X