Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all veterans...need serious critique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all veterans...need serious critique!

I have a new website up and would appreciate any and all honest opinions on all aspects!
    Thanks so much!
    Diane

Re: New Real Estate site needs critique, please

Had a realy good look at your site and found it to be interesting and well presented, your "Search Properties" is returning the following message;
    Not Found

The requested URL /search_properties.com was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This could be that you have saved or named the page incorrectly because every one of the other pages works fine.

I have been in the property business for 25 years and I like your site.

Regards
    John Phillips.

Comment

Just had a quick look and the picture on the home, really took some time to load.

have you used pix resizer?

dave
      Dave

Law of Attraction Books
      Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
      Reiki Books

Comment

The picture on the front page has been 'strecthed' to fit that oval. Will resizing the original picture therefore work? If not, how do I fix it?
        Thanks for your comments!

Comment

Hi John,
          I'm glad you like the site! Thank you so much.
          My search properties page is named https://www.noplacelikehomere.com/se...roperties.html and comes up ok from both computers at home, on mozilla and IE. The I-frame also works. Not sure why you'd get an error or what it's referring to. I'm very new to website building so not sure about all the technical stuff, but mustn't it be set up correctly if some computers can access it??
          Diane

Comment

Calling all veterans...need serious critique!

I would like all of the veterans, and everyone else, of course, to lend a critical eye...I've published and done the final tweak and need to know if there's something I need to change, technically or otherwise!
            Thank you so much,
            Diane

Comment

John,
              I found the problem...the page link wasn't set up correctly on the bottom menu links...thanks! It's fixed now!
              Diane

Comment

Re: Calling all veterans...need serious critique!

Any Comments on design???

Comment

I think your site is very pretty, love the colors you have chosen .. very nice ..

your bg on your pages though is what another poster is referring to ..

I know you wanted to use this as a bg so you make your photo to fit all screens .. but you should still optimize this photo and try to bring the kbs down under 90 at the very least .. you can do so here
                  www.dynamicdrive.com - image optimizer

I just noticed quickly, on this page http://www.noplacelikehomere.com/calculator.html

a few extra things down below your page .. you might want to have a look and delete those.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Diane, I looked at your site. It is very well done. I ditto whats been said about the size of your pics and the header, they are quite large. One othe thing, for me I think there is too many different types of letters, color, itallics and size. it may have been the font to begin with, but the text on the listings page by the houses was alot easier on my old eyes. I realize your are tring to get a point across, maybe take your home page and just change the font to something a little more substatial and see what it does. Again great site, this is just me, and there will be others that will most likely disagree with me. Good Luck!!
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                    X