Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here it is! Needs lots of work and advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here it is! Needs lots of work and advice.

Here is what I have so far. I have tons of content in the way of pics and videos and text files to add so I am really going to need your help and advice in the weeks to come. Not to mention copious amounts of coffee! I've been at it for 3 days so far and I think its coming along nicely. Blue voda is a dream to work with. Who knew web building could be so fun!

www.team307.com

Re: Here it is! Needs lots of work and advice.

Well I feel totally inadequate after looking at all the web sites in this thread. Mine seems HUGE to me by comparison. I guess less is more in web design? I just have a hard time reading some of the tiny text. As this is my first effort I am in the dark about what's current or fashionable. Any feedback you seasoned designers could give would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Well first off to a prety good start, what I did notice your pages are not centered, your gallery page opens up another window, try to keep it uniformed by staying in the same window. well good luck with it.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Good start. First you need to make your home page not quite so wide. Make the whole page 800 to 1000 wide so there is no side scroll. There wasn't a buttton back to anywhere from the gallery 2007 pictures. You also have some links opening in a new window, make them open into the same window. Nice work though, keep it up!!
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Great adivce! I applied all your suggestions and am ready for more :) Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Comment

Very nice! your "Rocks Boxing" page opens with just a blank black back ground, was this the idea? It also looks a little off center. Your gallery opens into a new page, then the home goes back but in the second window. You are doing great!!
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

That centering thing is kinda tricky. I spend a lot of time on that. Is there a catch to it? I'm using the "center in browser" feature and starting all the way to the left with my my logo then basically eyeing the rest of the elements all the way down.

Comment

I like the site, nice and smooth

Comment

Hi, on the centering part, assuming you are building your site from the far left on your BV screen page? As an example, the http://www.team307.com/rocksboxing.html page is set at 801px wide. But! The widest part of the page is the head image http://www.team307.com/bv01169.gif at only 661px wide. If you set the page width to 661 & tick the center in browser, all will be ok.
                  Sometimes a quick way to find out the width of a page is to pop a temporary shape on the page & pull it out to the widest point & read off the px measurement at the lower right of the BV page, & then just delete the shape after you have finished with it.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Cindy, check your spelling of 'amateur' on the index page.

Comment

Nice site. I really like what you have done here with the theme. It's kinda rough and tough looking. :) I was looking through the gallery and noticed on pages you have a "next" and "previous" button on all pages except the last page there is no "previous" button. I wanted to go back through them again but had to go back to gallery and start over. Anyway maybe something to look at especially if you have alot of pages linked together.
                      www.fca-alliance.com

Comment

Your feedback is great! I really appreciate it. Thanks for the spell check, I must have looked at that word a thousands time in the last week and never saw it. I have added so many pages I had to redo my navigation bar entirely. It got way too long to stay across the top so I went down the left side. It changed the look I was going for but it will do. Thanks again for the critiques, they are warmly recieved.

Comment

Working...
                        X