Ready for some serious feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for some serious feedback

not crazy about my home page - still needs work - but before I go changing everything again could some of you take a look and let me know what your thoughts

I know all of the links do not work yet - still have many more to add - but before i start adding i'd like some feedback.

www.524monarchstreet.com

thanks in advance.

Re: Ready for some serious feedback

I did not click on all your links, but I believe some of your links go behind your headers... in Jewelry only ******* show up. I like your products. They are very unique. Check out your links? Make sure they are ON TOP

Comment

Hi, I am by no means an expert, but in my opinion, as an internet user, the only thing that feels wrong about the home page is your choice of colors. If you want to make it more visually pleasing, google a color wheel. When choosing colors, choose colors that are side by side, or directly across on the color wheel. These colors automatically compliment each other. For example, if you take a look at this link, http://realcolorwheel.com/colorwheel..._Wheel_475.jpg
      you will see that colors under the number one, compliment the colors under number 19. It is automatic. So if you choose colors like this, you will get a more uniform look. For example, try changing the lime green to something in the 22 row as it will compliment your salmon-like header color. That color green tends to be hard to look at, as is the blue at the bottom.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks - I didn't know about the color wheel - you learn something new everyday - I'll check it out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by angstless View Post
          I did not click on all your links, but I believe some of your links go behind your headers... in Jewelry only ******* show up. I like your products. They are very unique. Check out your links? Make sure they are ON TOP

gotcha - I'll go through each page thanks much

Comment

You have a GREAT! start going...go to page properties and bring in some more color...need to get that contact form up and running!! links, links, and more links...gotta build em...watch your 524 logo..

Keep up the great work! you've done lot's of hard work...BACK UP YOUR FILES!!

Daniel-

WWW.jaxplus.net

Comment

Great start. As mentioned above your logo, the one at the top of your hame page, the 5 is missing. Also the pages loaded a little slow, try a pixresizer to cut the pixel size so they will load faster. When you depend on pictures so much, like your site does you need to have load as fast as possible so people won't get tired of waiting and leave. Good luck!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

thank you - i'm not thrilled with my home page and will be playing with it a bit more - I will pixresize and reduce the number of actual photo's.

Was having a bit of trouble with the contact us page - finally figured that one out.

Comment

I noticed you had a site search facility at the top of your site, so firstly I looked at your site and got some names of your products and then did a search for them on your site search and it kept saying item not found. I don't think it's working?
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i was playing with that myself - i'm not happy with this one - it doesn't seem to do anything I want it to - so I will go search out another - open for suggestions on this ....

and while I'm at it - I redid my home page (haven't published it as an index) - please compare both and tell me which is more appealing.

www.524monarchstreet.com

or

www.524monarchstreet.com/newindex.html

Comment

Hi..

I am seeing the same page both places, I do like it a lot better though.. your powered by voda host is over lapping onto your copyright notice. Your subsequent pages definitely need color. But overall the sight looks great.

;)

Comment

I loved the Memory boxes.......Beautiful
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi,

When I pulled up the quilted bags, the page title reads boys cotten sateen blanket..

Cheers

Comment

thanks, I was away for the weekend doing a retail trade show in virginia - back to working on my site. Thought I caught all of the page titles - i'll recheck them

Comment

Do yourself a favor if you see your site on mozzila firefox the number 5 is cut off in your banner, also the voda host link overlaps tex on the bottom of some of your pages. Don't wait till your done to see it work off both browsers internet explorer and mozzilla you will save alot of work. other than that its off to a good start.

Joe
                              sigpicJoe
                              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X