What do you think of the page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the page

Hi Just published my web site, would like some feed back.
    www.dmfinedecks.com

I look forward the what you have to say

Re: What do you think of the page

First off your picture on the page is way to big at 619 kbs is slowing the loading down. Install a pix resizer, also the pages are not named.

joe
    www.anytime-figurines.com
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Nice photo but it has to be made smaller electronically. Once you leave the home page there is no way to get back to it.
      Pages must be named using keywords. Image names should also be named using terms that relate directly to the site (new-deck.jpg for example). Use no spaces in the names.
      Other pages do not appear (404 error).
      On your contact page there is no way to contact you.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have the pages saved as index, and all other pages saved as *.html... Do I need to name them something else> I'm new to this web page thing.
        Do I need to install the pix sizer on the web pages? and how do I do that?
        Thanks for your help

Comment

Pix resizer is a program that you install on your computer. Use the program to resize your images. Save them on your computer and then replace the images you are using on your site with the new ones. You can find a Pix resizer here. http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm

There is a good tutorial in the knowledge base about naming pages that is pretty straight forward. Each page has to have a unique name.
          www.fca-alliance.com

Comment

Naming the pages is not the same thing as titleing the pages. You title the page in the page properties window. Right click on an empty area of the page and the page properties box will appear.
            This title is what will appear in the upper left corner of your web page window.
            When saving the pages do not add any extension. Your index page should be saved as ' index ' (not index.html)
            The BV software will add the extension (.html) automatically.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

OK, I think everything is in order.
              Would like it if someone would look at the page and let me know what your thoughts are.

Comment

The most important page of your site is the index page. You must title it using search terms in the title. This is one of the most important ways that SE's find your site.
                Fine Decks, Deckmaster Brackets (this could be a page title for the index page)
                The image is still huge. Send it to me and I will resize it for you.
                On your contact page there is no info on how to contact you electronically !!!!
                The entire index page is linked to an incorrect link.
                Serving Alexander Valley, Bodega Bay, Boyes Hot Springs, Cazadero, Cloverdale, Cotati, Fetters Hot Springs, Forestville, Fort Ross, Freestone, Fulton, Geyserville, Glen Ellen, Graton, Guerneville, Healdsburg, Jenner, Kenwood, Lakeville, Mark West, Monte Rio, Occidental, Penngrove, Petaluma, Rio Nido, Rohnert Park, Russian River, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma and Windsor

is the correct link.
                Why do you have the index page linked to itself?
                I just noted that all of the other page image are linked incorrectly.
                If you are going to link the image using the ' index '
                it must be as so:

However, on the index page link ONLY the index.html is not used.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Aaron here,
                  Just republished the web site, seems to be loading faster, thanks to all that suggested "re-sizing" the pics.

The only page that seems to load slowly is the bracket page, does any one have any suggestions on how to speed this up or a different method of posting this Power Point presentation?

Thank for all the GREAT input and help

Comment

Did you resize (electronically) the photos in the ppt presentation? The ppt never loaded for me and I use a cable connection.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Wow! Your homepage looks 1000 times better..well done.. great job!!

Comment

"New Progress" Is NO Excuse For Forum Abuse !!

There is no reason to violate Forum Rules by creating multiple threads for the same site (this is actually your third!).....

Keep It In Your Other Thread
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

sorry for posting so many request for someone to look at my web site. Thought you had to post another request for a look see.

By the way can someone loo at the web sight and give me some feed back, especially on the Photo Gallery page.

Serving Alexander Valley, Bodega Bay, Boyes Hot Springs, Cazadero, Cloverdale, Cotati, Fetters Hot Springs, Forestville, Fort Ross, Freestone, Fulton, Geyserville, Glen Ellen, Graton, Guerneville, Healdsburg, Jenner, Kenwood, Lakeville, Mark West, Monte Rio, Occidental, Penngrove, Petaluma, Rio Nido, Rohnert Park, Russian River, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma and Windsor

Comment

Your page keeps getting better.. only one minor thing.. the green around your photo is not as crisp as it could be.. use a border instead of shapes to surround it.. just double click the pic and activate border and you can make it as big or small as you like..and any color you like. The back ground color in the gallery is the wrong color. If you don't want to use another shade of green, try something purple. Check out this color wheel.. there are lots of color generators out there, but the old tried and tested color wheel is the best.. here is a link, http://realcolorwheel.com/colorwheel..._Wheel_475.jpg

try something in row 28 or 34.. the results will be better.

The japanese garden deck is great, but the picture quality isn't that good. It looks like you resized it smaller, and tried to make it a bit bigger.. once a pixel is gone, it's gone forever...

The overall layout and balance is really good.. It looks professional.
                            Good job

Comment

THIRD THREAD FOR SITE | Violation Of Forum Rules !!

This Thread To Be Voluntarily CLOSED -- Do Not Post

>> ANY FURTHER POSTS NEED TO BE POSTED HERE <<
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X