Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes made

Hi,

my site has been on line for a little while now and i have made some changes to it, i have changed the top banner and the navigation bar down the left hand side.

I have also made changes to how people can advertise on my site.

I would appreciate all your comments on my site.

Many thanks

Re: Changes made

Hello Buster

I am no expert and admire you have using features that I haven't attempted to use yet.

If I am honest with you I am not sure about the moving arrows as I find them continually catching my eye and distracting me. It actually makes me go giddy looking at it.

Another observation would be to reduce the height in your banner to bring the whole page up.

Also your menu bar requires you to click to use the control and then click to select your button. I must admit I find it a little bit off putting.

Hope you don't mind my observations because I can see you have worked hard to create a great looking site.

Kind regards

Darren

Comment

Hi, ditto with Darren on the arrows. On the header, its ok, but not really needed over the menu. Only a personal thing, but the new header could be 1/2 or even less in size. I like to see strait away what a site is about, but on entry to your site, nearly a third of the page is a flash intro.
      As said, its only a personal thing & many would not be bothered about it.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Its a nice site I had no problem with menu bars seems to me works fine only had to click it once. But I folow whats has said about the arrows very distracting. Well good luck with it.

Joe
        www.anytime-figurines.com
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

tyank you for your feed back, i have looked at your replies and had a good hard look at my site, i have now made changes,

smaller header: looks lots better

to many arrows: not any more as there is not an arrow in site.

please take a look and let me know what you think of the changes i have made.

Regards

Comment

I am glad those arrows are gone they where very distracking looks good. Well good luck with it.

Joe
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

gald you like the changes

Comment

Re: Total re-vamp

sorry i put this in the wrong tread so here it is again, total re-vamp of my site due to the thoughts of other people and of course i did not like it after all. please let me know what you think.

www.firststopdirectory.co.uk

thanks

Comment

Vast improvement on the first one. But definitely remove the r/h side block of google adsense on each page and make the l/h side ones 160 x 600 as I mentioned to you earlier today as this will improve your click through rate.

And you still haven't sent me your banner??
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I second Ramsey! Shoppers are an impatient lot and your changes are helping to cater to them. It is a hard lesson, "Take yourself out of the picture", to use what really works and what your customers expect. But the benefits are self-explanatory.

Keep the good work!
                    Karen Williams
                    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
                    X