• Show
Clear All
  • cubfan4ever
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Ready for Review!

In the immortal words of Rankin & Bass' Frosty the Snowman:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

I am ready for any and all feedback. I obviously need current pictures. I presently put up my favs as place holders. My cart has about as much pizazz as a rock. But, I did test it and have received my money through PayPal.
    And actually, I am feeling pretty sassy about my links and overall layout.

Let me have it! I'm not one to get offended.
    Sheila - #23699
    www.sheilasbakeshoppe.com (under construction)
    Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
  • cubfan4ever
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Re: Ready for Review!

I am also open to logo suggestions!
    Sheila - #23699
    Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

I think you need to link up that pic on the home page and you need some more text about rather these are baked in your kitchen or shoppe or not, what makes them speshul...and.. your cookie jar link goes to your shopping cart instead of page.. like a view cart or something.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• cubfan4ever
        Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

None of the pictures have links... but they will. The "Cookie Jar" is supposed to be the cart. I did that on purpose. It's the "review cart". Too corny? Or easily misunderstood? I fear both :)
        Sheila - #23699

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Well i was looking for cookie jars filled with cookies. Also your pages are all TITLED index, you need original page titles. Do this sooner rather than later.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• cubfan4ever
            Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Done (oops!).

Thanks for the feedback! Should the cart thing be elsewhere on the site? I have no problem losing the idea of the cart being the Cookie Jar.
            Sheila - #23699

Comment

• jcaywood
              Major

• Dec 2007

As a consumer, I would suggest that on your Cookies and Brownies page that you not use the same picture for different items. I realize that they probably all look about the same but you can differentiate them - maybe just a couple of cookies with a walnut where applicable, or a few chocolate chips, etc. I would want to see what I am buying. Do the brownies look just like the cookies?
              Also, do you ship or just deliver locally? I order such items several times a year for friends in Pennsylvania.
              That's all - now I've gotta go get a snack after looking at your site.
              Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
              Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
              Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

• karenwms63
                Colonel

• Feb 2008

my problem is that Russian tea cakes do not look like snickerdoodles, but you have the same image for both.
                Karen Williams
                Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• cubfan4ever
                  Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

jc and Karen W - I have simple pictures up as "placeholders". Actually, there is a photo shoot this next week. After I get some feedback, the site comes back down (probably tomorrow PST). So yes - you are seeing only 3 things. The brownies, chocolate toffee and mac-nut butters just presented in different formats.

Thanks fellow BVers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Sheila - #23699

Comment

• karenwms63
                    Colonel

• Feb 2008

ok cool cause i'm drooling either way, lol. Not saying the place holders looked bad! I had no nav problems, so hoping your SEO is in place, with the new images, your site should be good to go!

Good Luck :)
                    Karen Williams
                    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• Adavant
                      Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

I think you did a bang up job, just a balance thing, adjust your text in the Important information section on the index/home page.. I would move it a bit to the left, or box it by scrunching it up so that the text box is more rectangular looking.. the text sort of trails off on the right.. to correct, you can just grab one of the handles and make the box smaller. I love blue and brown together, but I think the intensity of the blue could be adjusted slightly.. same tone, lighter shade might enhance it a bit..

I read what you said about the pics and the shopping cart, I like the idea that your shopping cart is called the cookie jar.. Not too corny at all.. it's good to be different.

Comment

• Adavant
                        Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2006

Me again.. I have been looking at your site some more, and I think maybe that when your new pics arrive, they will actually help lighten the site.. I think because the pic on the home page is so dark, it gives an overall feeling of too dark. If your new pics are nice and bright with lots of white I think it will probably fix this.

You did a nice job.

Comment

• Collectors-info
                          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, your off to a great start, but it feels a bit (brown). I know this is the colour of a lot of cookies & cakes, but it feels like it wants a bit more colour. IE, if you look at some other sites, they feel fresh & inviting. This site must have it right with a Google rating of 6/10 (higher than VH) lol. You can see the ingredients in the cookies.
                          If you are using the images you have at the moment, they need to be reduce in phisical size without using the image handles. It will also load them on to the page far quicker.

Good luck.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• cubfan4ever
                            Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Hi again! Chris - I have seen that site before along with about a dozen more. Everything ranging from the BRIGHT (like this one) to very monochrome. I want that happy medium where it's visually engaging, yet not too fussy and "cheap looking" ya know?

Karen W - (please forgive ignorance) what's SEO?

Adavant (dabbing the tears due to laughing so hard at the cat pic) - yes, with the new pictures, the site will brighten up a bit more. Brighten up the blue? Sounds good! Do you have a suggestion?

Again - thanks for the advice!
                            Sheila - #23699

Comment

• cubfan4ever
                              Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

You know what else? I was envisioning stacks like the chocolate toffee.....maybe they should be "flat" on colorful backgrounds.....
                              Sheila - #23699

Comment

Working...
                              X