• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Ready for Review!

SEO... search engine otpimization.. how you get found.. your best keyword phrases.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• cubfan4ever
      Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

I figured it was Search Engine something. I searched SEO and came up blank.

Karen Mac - you will be so proud... I had a question and found the answer in the tutorials!! Amazing how those things work *wink*
      Sheila - #23699
      www.sheilasbakeshoppe.com (under construction)
      Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

LOL>...Yes.. its just amazing.. I know.

And im proud of you!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Interpreter
          Sergeant Major

• Apr 2008

I'm pretty impressed? How do you get those selection buttons against each item? How do you get the cart page with all the prices printed out and the recalcuate button? Was this using PayPal and do they only show when you go live?

Newbie anxiously trying to get payPal to work. Well done!

Comment

• cubfan4ever
            Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Interpreter,

Morning (for me, anyways),

Glad you liked it! If I am understanding correctly, you are asking about button alignment? It's just a matter of "nudging" the buttons when you are building. As for the cart, I use Mal's. While I was overwhelmed at first, I realized cart is pretty simple to use. But know that with the simplicity comes a simple look. I believe Mal's can be taken to other levels, I just have not reasearched yet. With Mal's you can do PayPal and V/MC. It's all in the set-up.

You will find lots of help here - I know I did and am eternally grateful! If you end up using Mal's, they have a forum for help, too. IMHO, the folks are friendlier (as interpreted by me), here :)
            Sheila - #23699
            Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

• cubfan4ever
              Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Oh yeah, one more thing.... (Karen Mac, you are going to love me for this)

There is a WHOLE bunch of tutorials for building your website. While it seems easier to just ask for help here, take the time to go through the tutorials. And then when you are done going through them..... DO IT AGAIN! Also, take the time to read past threads. VOLUMES of helpful information.

I realize that you may want to hit the ground running, but you have to crawl first, then walk. After receiving this same advice, I buckled down and worked one step at a time. Now I have something that I am proud of!

The Mal's Cart also has a user that has developed a site with lots of help, advice, etc. I am at work, so I don't have the exact shortcut, but it called Tips and ... for Mal's. Take the time to go through these, too.

The thread for Other Shopping Carts will probably lead you there.
              Sheila - #23699

Comment

• Pickels
                Sergeant First Class

• May 2008

Hi.. nice job, but I have been looking at this site over and over, and I really believe you need to change the blue to white. It's just my opinion of course, but blue with food, it doesn't feel right.

Cheers

Comment

• leoscats
                  Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Nice Job, try to keep the pix in the light box the same size as well as th w/h ratio.

Comment

Working...
                  X