Its up...www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its up...www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Ok, phew, its up...but some of my page links dont work so I am a bit stumped as to why....any help greatly appreciated.
    My site is a site about our farm....I dont have things for sale until I have a litter of Pug puppies and people ring or email me. My woollen stuff I sell on Ebay. Hoping the links work for them.
    So please have a look and feedback please.

www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Cheers
    Sharon

Re: Its up...www.rosnasharnfarm.com

I have fixed all the links...now just wait for your feedback.

Cheers
    Sharon
    www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

Sharon
      I don't have time at the moment to go through all pages but here are a few things I noted
      This is a great start, I think, you have put quite a bit of time and though into this site and it shows.

First, I like the color scheme you have chosen on the splash page, the green is pleasing, as is the photo, although I am not clear how the flowers relate to the topic of animals for sale.

In Firefox there is some overlapping text on that page, too.

The crawl at the bottom goes so fast I cannot read it.

The links - although you have noted that the icons (pug, house) take you to certain pages I didn't read that at first, and could find no obvious way to return to the home page. Same with the photos as links to each page - it isn't obvious that they are the links, and I kept clicking on the words, which didn't work. I think you want to make it as easy as possible for people to navigate, so you might make some buttons and/or use text links.

on the sheep page you talk about spinning the fleeces and selling the knitted goods on ebay - but there is no link there , again to make it as easy as possible for customers to find and buy your goods.

also, as a side note, the shearing, cleaning, carding, spinning etc are fascinating things, and you might eventually want to have a slide show or something to show this process..

You have some seo work to do, and also some page titles to improve on too. (Rosnasharn Farms, instead of index, for instance, and maybe Rosnasharn Farm Pugs, instead of pugs, that sort of thing - help out the search engines)

Bethers, one of the forum moderators and a seo guro, has a free ebook download that gives some good solid info and advice - here is the link:
      SEO Basics

Great start Sharon, I will have a look again when I am more awake..but this should give you somethings to look at and think about.

Good luck
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks Liz.....I will rework the menu buttons...and I have downloaded the seo file so will give that a read. As far as page titles...I thought I read somewhere that it is best to keep them simple and not use capitals...so can you explain how I change the page name without affecting the publishing of the page. Cheers

Comment

Hi Sharon,

2 things that came to my attention and were pointed by Liz:

- you need a 'HOME' link in all your pages - this way is easier for people to go back to your main page;

- don't see the relation flowers/animals.

And also I think that all your pages haven't been centered because all the pictures are on the far left leaving a bigger space on the right of the monitor.

Cheers,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Ok I have put a home link on every page...and the flowers is the closest template I could find with a tranquil country feel....if off the top of your head you know of another of the free ones that would suit better then by all means mention it.
            I can see that a website is a continual work in progress...cheers
            Sharon

Comment

Why don't you use the most beautiful dog's picture that you have right on the top of the page? It will be 100% authentic (only you would have it) and 100% related to your site...and free.
              In some pages in my site I have free templates but in the main ones I try my one pictures. Have a look at the English and the Portuguese version of it:

(the pictures on the top)

Cheers,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thanks for that...I will work on some images then to go along each top of the page. Cheers

Comment

I have been tweaking away....Liz I would love it if you could have another look now that I have made a few improvements, please. And NZBR I have added more pics to the "Farm Gate"...is this what you mean??
                  Oh and what does http error code mean in the cpanel....:)

Cheers
                  Sharon
                  www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

Yes! That's the way to go! If your site is about dogs, you have to show......dogs! And not flowers. lol

Cheers,
                    N Z B R
                    t o u r s
                    New Zealand Tours
                    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Originally posted by Rosnasharn View Post
                      I have been tweaking away....Liz I would love it if you could have another look now that I have made a few improvements, please. And NZBR I have added more pics to the "Farm Gate"...is this what you mean??
                      Oh and what does http error code mean in the cpanel....:)

Cheers
                      Sharon
                      www.rosnasharnfarm.com
                      Hi Sharon -
                      Good Work, looking much better, and is much easier to navigate.

I noticed you changed the page titles.. good. I think, though that I may have steered you a bit wrong there. Let me explain what I mean. When the SE are looking to find a page on pugs, for instance, a page titled Rosnasharnfarm pugs will not jump to the top of the list. But, a page titled Pugs at Rosn... Farms would come up closer to the top of the list.
                      So I am thinking alittle more tweaking of the titles might help. sorry.

About your header. I like the animal pictures. Heck, I could look at them forever, they are so cute - the goats, the pugs, the cattle..
                      Wait I am getting sidetracked..
                      Okay, your header should basically stay the same on each page. It gives your site continuity, and looks more professional. Having said tha, maybe a picture of the farm itself - a barn or farm building, a sign with the name of the farm.. pics of animals grazing - a general pic of the farm , because you do many many things there.
                      Alternatively, doesn't have to be a picture, could be a logo.. whatever suits you. Then, when you go to each page, that is where you have the pictures of whatever that page features..have a look at my Pond and Garden Nursery site to see what I mean. look at the home page and then click on any of the other pages.. Now, everybody does it differently, but that is what works for me.

Well Sharon, that's a couple of things to think about anyway..
                      I am off for awhile but will be back and have a look later today or tomorrow.

I am liking your site.

Oh, also, wanted to say.. here on the forum we all try to help each other out, reviewing and offering advice or other ways to look at things. Please remember that these are our opinions only.. the only person who really has a handle on your site is you, and you are the one who has the final word. Guess I am trying to say, no worries if you think my advice, or anybody else's is ****, or ill advised.. it is fun to collaborate, is all

Best of luck,
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com
                      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I hear ya...so I could take away the template if I design a header for each page....I'll be off then to work on it.
                        Cheers
                        Sharon
                        www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

A good all round web site.
                          nice and simple to navigate and good content.
                          I will remark on the home page... needs a small tweak.
                          Viewing with firefox = text overlapping onto photo of the puppy. you could drop the picture down a bit or raise the text up away from the picture. Also maybe put an arrow and text saying click here to enter the farm next to the picture that links to the your menu page.

Good luck
                          Buy and Sell Antiques, Collectables & fine art
                          Cheaper than feebay!
                          visit:www.greatbritishantiques.com

Buy Wind spinners online
                          They make the perfect gift
                          visit:www.spin-city.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou Max. :)

Comment

OK....have fixed a few things...did a bit of painting and wall papering...
                              NO MORE FLOWERS :) Please have a another look.

Cheers
                              Sharon
                              www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

Working...
                              X