• Show
Clear All
  • doublevision
    Private

• Feb 2008

Please review my site and help

account ID# 22970
    www.leicester-marble.com

I uploaded my site few days ago. Everything seemed OK. Today I overwrote few files to update them. The whole site is messed up. On products page it appears as if the images have different colours in front of them. In all the pages Leicester Marble logo has disappered.
  • doublevision
    Private

• Feb 2008

Re: Please review my site and help

I must apologies for asking help with the problems I had uploading my site. I deleted every file and re-uploaded. It seems to do the trick. I would be grateful if someone could review my site.

Thanks in advance. doublevision.

Comment

• sedona
      Major General

• Jun 2007

I didn't have a lot of time but it's a nice clean design and all appears in good order.

Would center your page (open page properties by right clicking on page and ticking center in browser).

I would center vertically as well as you have space at bottom but not at top. A little trickier but imo worth the effort.

Good effort... good luck!
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• PlayItByBeer
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Hi Double Vision,

Off to a good clean start... a couple of points to ponder:
        • Maybe have a look at renaming your logo picture (eg. uk_grave_vase.jpg or any other keyword rich name) and moving it to the left as your content is left justified. (IMO it'll even out your page nicely)
        • Your tag line is loaded with good keywords but it's part of your logo.jpg (so SE's can't read it) consider removing it from logo picture and then adding it as text with BV.
        • Your sliding teasers and links on the right are great, but you are having to explain it's operation (way to much content or space for keyword rich content is wasted on explaining how to navigate it)
        • Consider re-introducing the visible scroll bar, as then you could move your contact details to the bottom of the page.
        • The 'Add to Favourites...' looks out of place for two reasons:
          • it's positioned at the top where your header could be and
          • visitors haven't had a chance to decide if it's a favourite yet LOL
        Cheers,
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

• Pickels
          Sergeant First Class

• May 2008

One thing I noticed, is that I can barely read your text because of the color you have chosen...you need to darken it up a bit as it is lost on the blue back ground.

Cheers

Comment

• pete146
            Staff Sergeant

• Feb 2008

I like the site - I would definitely remove the email address & create a contact form instead though.

Also, how do I read all of the text on your pages is I don't have a wheel mouse? I would consider showing the scroll bars.

Finally, I would consider highlighting the actual links on the links page - they look exactly the same as the text which describes them.

By the way, I really like the scrolling ads down the right hand side!

Comment

Working...
            X