X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my site...link and email issues

My site is http://dralfredsantoro.com

3 issues...so far

On the index page and the contact page I have an email form that doesn't seem to work. Do I use the same thank you page for both since they would end up going to same email?

Also, on my resource page the five links that I have don't work. Tried a few things, nothing seems to work. I keep getting 404 errors.

I have an article tab. On that tab I want to have 5-8 different articles. How do I set that up and what would the link be? Would I have to set up new tabs on the article page (each one for each individual article)? And then name those articles accordingly with an html extension? Would the name be something like http://www.dralfredsantoro.com/artic...ofarticle.html ?

Actually, I am quite pleased that I figured as much as I did so far. The tutorials and all of your help has made it possible. Even with that help having never did something like this before, I am amazed that some pages are actually published! Thanks to all

Re: Please review my site...link and email issues

Santoro1
    I am not an expert but I had an issue with a form on my site also and figured it out. You could use the same thank you page for both, be sure that in the when you create the action that you put in the file name and .php I had this issue because the video says to put action.php in there and they would discuss it further later but never did. For example for my thank you page I saved it as Thank_you so in the action box I had to change it to Thank_you.php Other than that follow the steps exactly. As for the links up top you have to link those to a page yet. And as for the Articles I would use a sliding menu, then you could have as many different articles to choose from as you wish, each one would be its own page with a relavent name and as a html.
    I hope this helps.

D'son
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Well first off your off to a good start needs tweaking. Your pages needs to be cut after the tex its stills continues the bottom of the page that is also try and keep your pages uniformed by staying in the same window. Your article page can not be found check that link. About your contact on the index page just keep it like you did on your contact page. And name your thank you page action instead of thank you.
      Joe
      anytime-figurines.com
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have made a few changes and would like you to review it again. Also, need your opinion as someone who was looking for information... I linked the article tab directly to ezine article directory that lists all the articles I have written. Those about online marketing as well as health issues. Would that suffice or as a reader would you rather have access to very specific articles that I have chosen that are appropriate for the website? I could do that, it was just that linking directly to the article directory listing was very simple to do.

I changed the thank you page to action and it works perfectly. Brings up the page every time. Now here is where I get confused. Obviously, I want to have the visitor leave his email address so that I can send him the information he or she is requesting. When I did a test email I did not get any indication that an email was requesting information. I am very confused as to what I have to do to make that happen. I have listened to the tutorials, but perhaps my brain is fried right now..

I had to go to each tab and change the properties to my blog and myspace profile because when I made the pages I had cloned them to a page that had incorrect URL information. Oh well, I guess I am learning.

Lastly, I am unsure about what you mean about opening up the page in the same area. Is it better to have the page simply refresh on the screen so the visitor doesn't have to move the page around? If so, can you remind me how to set that up. I remember hearing it, but can't figure out where it is... Again Information overload... thanks again

Comment

Hi Alfred,

Off too a good start, I just had a look at your site, and there are a few issues, which I gather you are working through. There a few simple things which I spotted, and would love to offer my assistance. You can contact me through my website www.quantumwebworks.com or reply here. When you get time email exact things that are not working and I will try and help you through.

I too started out with Blue Voda, and thought what a mine field, but after a while it will become old hat.

Anyway drop me a line if you so wish.

Regards Darren
          Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
          http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Comment

the email is the main issue I need to get cleared up right now. I have set up the email forms on the index page and contact page according to the tutorials. They seem ok, and my thank you page works fine. I then set up a pop email acct using the voda host info that was sent to me. I guess I am confused how that works. When I type in my name and another email in one of the forms, when it is set up correctly I should receive that email request. However, I am having a hard time conceptualizing what I need to do to get that to happen. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

I have just sent my details through your index form. I think i know the problem. Are you on MSN messenger at all? If you are get me there. Contact details is quantumphotography at gmail dot com

Regards Darren

Comment

Darren, I sent an email to you. But to all who are out there. here is my question... I set up my email forms following the tutorials, and with the help of others in the forum, have the thank you page working as well. I have a vodahost acct and set up a pop email acct in vodahost as per instructions. When someone fills out the email, the email is supposed to be sent to me. How do I set this form up, so that all emails come to my email acct? thanks again.

Comment

I too have sent you an email.

Regards Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X