My site I hope it is ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My site I hope it is ready!

I worked out the Button Bugs and now the site is fully working. I appreciate everyones info. I am currently speaking with the owner on the About Us. Everything in that page is going into my Specials/Daily Tab I just needed to fill in some blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Confidential_Touch View Post
      I worked out the Button Bugs and now the site is fully working. I appreciate everyones info. I am currently speaking with the owner on the About Us. Everything in that page is going into my Specials/Daily Tab I just needed to fill in some blanks.
      Hi,
      What was the bug?
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Tom,
        The problem I was having with the glass buttons was them blending into each other with the same name. Such as Home would blend with contact us. At the end of it all I finnally said forget copy and paste I am doing this page by page button by button and "presto". Problem solved. Thank you for all your great advice I do appreciate it.

Confidential Touch

Comment

Hi.. I had a similar problem when I build my site. You cannot copy and paste nav buttons of any kind.. glass or not.
          Some of your text is overlapping on the front page at the bottom.

Cheers M

Comment

Hey,

Nice site.

One typo I noticed on your home page, 3rd paragraph down.

"A instant saving" instead of 'An instant saving'.

The only other thing would be the Federal pacific page I find very hard to read with the different font types and long blocks of paragraph.

Cheers,

Michele

Comment

Thank You for catching that, that is why BlueVodan's are the best because know matter who you are there is someone here that will take the time to give you a second set of eyes.

Confidential Touch

Comment

Good Effort,
                I like the feel of the site

Comment

Hi C Touch,

Thanks for the feedback on my site. Here are some in return:
                  About Us page:
                  First paragraph. The period (.) is at the beginning of the line. To fix, open the text box properties, then select and immediately de-select the Right- to left Reading order checkbox. See Naveldesign's feedback in the issues tracker thread.
                  Your bullets are very lonely on the left, lol. Bring them closer to the text. Are you using the Bullet List button? If so, hold the cursor to the left of the text untill it changes to cross hair (just like in tables) and drag it closer to the bullets.

Federal Pacific page:
                  Would look better if you can free the text from that left border edge. Breaking up that long text boxes in smaller ones, so it looks like smaller paragraphs, will read much better.

Regarding your past problem experience with the buttons, you will surely benifit if you can have a look at Naveldesign's PHP method for creating menus. That's what I use and the beauty of it is that you only need to change one page (the menu page) if you want to alter the menus.

Keep up the good work.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

I agree with some of the comments made. I think you need something on the home page to attract attention, like the light bulbs on the question page or a pic of someone changing out a bulb. Also I think your contact us page is redundent, you have a great one on the questions page. Maybe combine them. Good work, keep it up.
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                    X