Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st Newsletter-Give it to me, good or bad!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Newsletter-Give it to me, good or bad!!

Hello all!!
    I have just started my first newsletter and am anxious to send out to all my contacts. But before I do. I would like people in the forum to let me know how it looks before sending out and what can be done to make it better. Give it to me, good or bad. There is no un-subscribe on the newsletter link you will read. It automaticly comes with the program when it is sent out. I have to do something fast to get my site bringing in an income so I figured I would start a newsletter first, then later start a family blog which I know helps in many areas. Any comments and help are welcomed. I have used a newsletter template from soholaunch closes to the color scheme of my website. Unfortunatly if I use my regular template from sight I cannot put hardly anything on for a newsletter. Feel free to sign up for my monthly newsletter while your there or forward to a friend with children. My first Newsletter link is : May 2008 <----- Click.

Oh, and before I go. I just became a grandma of a new grandson 4 hours ago. Mama and Baby doing fine. He's 8pounds 1ounce, big big baby jr. As for my son of course he's doing fine too. Happy as can be.
    Look guys I have muscles like my DaDA!!
    sigpic

Re: My 1st Newsletter-Give it to me, good or bad!!

Congratulations on the new grandchild!

On your site, it took me, with a high speed connection, 26 seconds to load. Some of your images are large: samplebook (Sesame characters) is 151 KB; the rocking chair is 56 KB; logotest2 is 291 KB. Run these thru Pixresizer and it will speed up the loading.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

I forgot to mention - I have two granddaughters - I'll be back!
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Originally posted by jcaywood View Post
        Congratulations on the new grandchild!

On your site, it took me, with a high speed connection, 26 seconds to load. Some of your images are large: samplebook (Sesame characters) is 151 KB; the rocking chair is 56 KB; logotest2 is 291 KB. Run these thru Pixresizer and it will speed up the loading.
        pix resizer? Where can i get that? Also, if I use that will it change photo quality? I will also try that if I can get it. Also I have noticed on all my photo files with my soho program it tells me when photos to large. I have wanted to get them to download quicker. Can you show me where to get the program. I'll definitly use it.Thank You
        sigpic

Comment

You can get Pixresizer free HERE

There are probably others - perhaps someone will recommend a better one.
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Originally posted by jcaywood View Post
            You can get Pixresizer free HERE

There are probably others - perhaps someone will recommend a better one.
            Thank you so much. LMAO also went to your website. OMG, I havn't laughed so hard in so long. To boot, those would be perfect for my son and son's in laws cause there popping out babies before I can count to ten. Have another grandchild comming next month. Wish I would have had one of them yesterday so his sisters could give to my son. LMAO. Or maybe give to girls to give to there hubbies. LMAO telling them it's time to take a break.lol
            sigpic

Comment

wow - I love the look of your newsletter!

Pix-resizer is the best free program that I've found - it does the job you want it to

Some of the boxes you have at the top of the page are pretty small, yet you have some white space down the right of the page. Why not move things a little to the left (so they are equal on both sides) and create a little more room. You could then increase the boxes & their font size.

I would consider adding a really obvious link to your main page - perhaps make the banner across the top link to it when it it clicked?

Overall I really like it

Comment

Working...
              X