• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for feedback

Looking for some feedback on my site.
    Thanking you in advance for your help!

Re: Ready for feedback

Nice dedication site. It seems that theres only two main pages and your image pages on your pet page theres no menu bars to go back, and another is your pages open another window try and keep it uniformed by staying in the same window. your song by amy grant fits in. well your off to a great start good luck with it.
    joe
    anytime-figurines.com
    jkteddybear.com
    Last edited by jkadin; 05-11-2008, 03:49 PM. Reason: miss spelling
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

jkadin Many Thanks! These things went right by me. Thanks for your thoughts.
      One question. I put the music on the home page so people you didn't want to listen while viewing, could close the home page. So my question is, is it ok to open the tributes in a new window,but have the rest open on self? Rookie here, not sure if the term I'm using is right. Would this be ok?
      Last edited by MemoryTorch; 05-11-2008, 04:03 PM. Reason: had a question

Comment

What a nice idea.. it made me cry and I don't even know these people..

I think with a little organization, you could really make something out of this site..
        Firstly, you need navigation bars on every page and have each new page open in the same window rather than opening another new page. You can do this, by double clicking the nav bar, going into properties and selecting self rather than _blank. Make sure what ever you repeat on subsequent pages is locked into the same place so that the transition will feel seamless.

With regards to your lightbox, you are getting distortion. You need to click variable rather than 90x90 or 120x120.. they will be different sizes, but they won't be distorted.

Good luck!

Comment

Very helpful...Thanks a lot. I wasn't sure what to do about the lightbox. I did notice that myself. I just found it looked "neater" in all the same size. I will relook at your thoughts closer. Many Thanks!

Comment

Nice site, a few of the things I would change would be have all the pages open within the same window. Maybe you could have an option of turning the music off if you are concerned about that. Several of your navagation bars loose their headings when you mouse over them. I believe it is the second image page, there is a lot of blue space before the pictures, maybe tighten that up. But in all a very nice site, good work.

Ed
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Ed,

Again I missed catching the buttons, and you're right about the space. Thanks for the use of your eyes!

Comment

Nice site, and great idea. I agree with what was said, have a button or switch to turn off the music if not wanted. good work!
                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

This is a nice site, and a really good idea!

I'm not particularly technical, and pretty new to this, but here's a few observations:

On the main page, some elements seem to cover up other elements when viewed through firefox (they are fine in IE) - Might be worth downloading firefox and previewing in both to see if you can space things so they work well in both.

I would definitely add a button to turn off music, or show the media player that you are using, so visitors can stop, start, control volume etc

If you want to have the menu at the top left of each page (on the people's pages) I would consider making it horizontal, rather than vertical, or switch to a menu bar - might look better?

For your gallerys - they look fine, but you might want to have a look at Jalbum (google it). They have some very nice templates, and you may find one that would go really well for this site.

All of your pages are centred in the browser, except for Judy Scott's, which is off to the left

You have spelt "below" incorrectly just above the pet door

And finally, I would consider adding a nice contact me form to the site, rather than displaying an email address. This is really easy to do, and looks very professional - have a look in the tutorials. Its even easier if you upgrade to Bluevoda V10. The other point with this is that by displaying an email address, it will very quickly receive more spam than genuine enquiries - I know, I made the same mistake!

Hope at least some of that is helpful to you!

Pete

Comment

Pete,

Thanks for you input!
                    I took your advice on the removing the email address, and put up a form.
                    I do have a question for you about that, if you are around. When I set up the form page, I selected the options in validate. I find now that, what happens is that it still submits, without the fields filled in. Any more advice for the rookie?
                    Thanks Pete!

Comment

Never mind, it seems to be fine now.

Thanks SAman. looking for the switch...must be here...LOL

Comment

Anyone...

I am having some problems again with some forms. They have all been set up the same, with validation. Some submit with no info still. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

This happens on all the forms I've ever made on BV! They will always submit & generate the email regardless of whether anything is entered. I'm not sure whether there is a way of making entry into certain fields mandetory, or whether that's just the way it is!

Comment

Working...
                          X