Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you look at my holiday site please

Hey Everyone,

I'd be very grateful for some feedback on this. It's not finished as I have a few more links to do etc., but everything is working so far I believe.

I have been looking at it so long now I am google-eyed. %-) There is still stuff on the homepage that is not finished hence the filler flowers lol!

Many thanks everyone.

www.floridathelastresort.com

Michele

Re: Could you look at my holiday site please

Noce site there needs to be a little tweaking. Take a look at some of your images they seem to be fuzzy looking did you use a pix resizer or did you squish them. Your pages need to be centered. and your phot page opens another window try and keep it uniformed. Your off to a good start good luck with it.
    joe
    anytime-figurines.com
    jkteddybear.com
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks,

I have centred all the pages now. The only thing is the homepage has gone off to the right so much in my browser that I now have to scroll right to view the whole page. Is this happening to anyone else?

The other pages, whereas I can see them again they have a larger margin on the left so don't really look centred at all to me.

Made the photos open up in 'self' instead of blank as you suggested.

Will deal with the photos tomorrow at this late hour

Thanks,

Michele

Comment

Hi.. your site is still way off to the right.. your pages should be a max 1000 wide in order to eliminate side scrolling.. You have some overlapping text and as was mentioned earlier, your pics need fixing. Overall layout is good though and your colors are very nice..
        Once you have tweaked it a bit it will be really nice.

Comment

Hi,

So apart from the pictures, which I haven't gotten to yet this site now looks centred with no scrolling required in my browser which is IE6.

Are people seeing is differently between IE and FF?

Also overlapping text was mentioned - I don't see any evidence of that when I am looking at it - can some point it out.

Many thanks,

Michele

Comment

Your home page is too wide. It needs to be no wider than 1000, usually 800. The photos page is just a little too wide and makes it look off center. Your pics are nice, you might want to try a pixresizer on them to keep the resolution, but make them faster loading. On your home page in the middle block that you explain about th hose and things there. It looks to me a little skewwed, the title has one word on a second line, and the welcome the same. Instead of blocking the key words in a colored block, maybe try just a change in the text color. Just my opinion. You have done a lot of good work, now down to the last 5% subtleties. Good Luck!
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Mike,

Thanks. I still have to do the pics resizer so notwithstanding that I have rectified the presentation mistakes on the home page.

All pages have been reduced down to 800 and all are 'centred in browser'. Now comparing them on two computers the pages still look off to the right and not centred at all.

Am I missing something?

Michele

Comment

Hi, 1st thing you need to do is build your page from the far left hand side of your screen & don’t try to center your text & images on the screen BV will do this for you.
                Now have a look at the ruler at the top of the screen. Any item you have on the page that is past the 800 mark to the right will make your page look odd.
                (this is assuming you are aiming at this 800 width). So now bring everything back to the left of this 800 mark & see how you go.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,

Yeah I started at the left and lined all the pages along the far left margin. I was aiming for the 800 but I see my pics on the home page extend past that so I will go back and rework this and then come back to ye again.

Thanks to everyone so far for all the help. Much appreciated.

Michele

Comment

Working...
                  X