X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Live South African Site

Hi

My site is now up and running. www.mumiandbubi.co.za

It is my first completed site. Any comments please throw them this way.

I decided not to do a Paypal/Ecommerce shopping section as alot of people in South Africa are still quite cautious about paying online/fraud....

Eg - my ADSL is being hacked every night and they are using up to 2 GBs a month in downloads... police now investigating who
    the naughty person is... if you are listening... we are going to get you!

Cheers
    sigpic
    Karen

Re: New Live South African Site

Well your off to a good start. I myself is not sure of the white background maybe just a light pastel color would look nice and he tex just a little darker. I did find you a broken link on your philosphy page where its says solidd starter kit it came uo not found also on your menu bar is says stockists should it be stocklist well like I said your off to a good start good luck with it.
    joe
    anytime-figurines.com
    jkteddybear.com
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi.. I think you did a beautiful job.. I love the colors, and I like the white background, can't fault the appearance at all.

One thing you need to tweak are your hyperlinks..some are underlined, while others are not.. when you built the hyper link, you did not click and drag the whole word nutrition. It's a minor thing.

One more minor thing, your header.. Supporting parents to care for their children by making things simple. It's easier written than said in this case I think. It's one of those statements that doesn't really flow because it's not that easily understood. If I may..How are you supporting them in order that they may care for their children... do you follow me? I think it needs to be changed ever so slightly.. something like..Helping parents to care for their children by making things simple.

Cheers..again ..it looks really nice!

Comment

Hi, nice! Clean & fresh looking, fast loading & like the colours.
        Couple of small things to have a look at.
        Ditto with the background colour, but keep the centre white as it will lead your eye to the centre.

Something odd on the baby health & nutrition in that the n is grey.

All the links are in lower case & wasn’t sure if the 1st letter should be a capital.

The 1st 2 links are under lined & the others are not ???????

There is a lot of things moving around the page on page transition. Mainly because you have different page widths set up.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Karen,

Wonderful start... you would battle with paypal in SA as it's still on the 'make payments only' list. Have a look at your 'page titles' making use of keyword rich and page relative titles (you can use spaces in the title so remove the _ )

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Karen Consider:
            • replacing your email address with one of the great form options available to VH users as it only a matter of time before the spam bots pick it up.
            • placing your contact details in the available space - (left on footer bar), as visitors land on different pages and it's easier for them to contact you (SA is still treating the web as a 'yellow pages' and they find what they are looking for and phone instead of buying online)
            • On the Contact us page - the link to NZ website is directed to your site.
            • ask your partners on the other side of the 'big dam' to place links to your website as you have on yours.
            • a 'bottom nav bar' or 'to top button' on your longer pages, for ease of navigation after reading to the bottom of page.
            Cheers,
            Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
            Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
            Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
            BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Karen,
              Well done. Your work shows very well and clean. I agree though about the color, maybe a light color just on the sides, and leave the middle white like Chris suggested. You're doing great, keep it up.
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Well done Karen,
                Nice and clean (apart from the baby face) looking site. I like the colour and layout.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

I really like this site Karen, really easy on the eye. Chris mentioned it earlier and that is your pages jump about a bit. In BV when you click on an image, you will see it's x & y co-ordinates at the bottom of the builder. This will help you get the exact positioning.

All the best

Darren

Comment

I really like this site, simple yet striking.

Comment

Karen,
                      I like your site! Looks good and I like the way the color blends in with the food on the baby's face, asparagus, etc.
                      Good job!
                      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
                      X