First BV10 Website For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First BV10 Website For Review

Hooray...I'm a 'Lieutenant Colonel' and looking forward to each new website with BlueVoda.

Cheers,
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

excellent looking site! works great for me
      WWW.ClefnoteComputers.Com Quality Affordable Computer Systems For Every Budget NOW OPEN!

Comment

Hi Clefnote,
        Glad you enjoy, thanks for the comments.

Cheers,
        Andrew

sigpic

Comment

A much lighter grey background would make a huge difference.

I thought you would have evolved to 900-1000 wide pages by now ..... allows Content to be more evenly distributed if set as modules, and larger/crisper images to be utilized to assume more of the "expression" than words. AND it allows more to be seen nicely laid out above the fold.

IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Very very nice.

Bob at www.mikespizza.us

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              A much lighter grey background would make a huge difference.

I thought you would have evolved to 900-1000 wide pages by now ..... allows Content to be more evenly distributed if set as modules, and larger/crisper images to be utilized to assume more of the "expression" than words. AND it allows more to be seen nicely laid out above the fold.

IMO
              Hi Vasili,
              You lost me on the "content to be more evenly distributed if set as modules"
              Thanks for comments.
              Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Rather than thinking 'linear' (as in scrolling down the page following one 'column'), try thinking along proven methods, such as perceiving your index page as a "table" maybe with 4-8 "cells" and each cell can be a module:
                A. Left tall column, nav gutter;
                B. Immediately under the header should be a horizontally-oriented "intro" cell, preferrably a pix (doesn't need to be all across the page either, right-justified with a short headline to the left, or even some emphasized "whitr space" works good;
                2. four(+?) modules evenly in center of page (as would normally see a table), either under a picture (or slideshow, etc.) or directly under the header/page top: each module can contain short blocks of text, which can be linked to interior pages (as in "Read More"); they can be a combination of graphics and text (attention getters), also linked to interior pages for depth); or maybe stacked in such a way that some may appear to be "block" and some not, depending on design style .... get it?
                D. The bottom element, similar to the top, only as a "definer" (think of it as a "recap" of the above, or means to refine the selection of information presented;
                E. The footer/base element.

BALANCE .............

The Key is to allow the natural attraction of visitors to images and brevity to be the driving factor, not all the "inticements" to be so in-your-face: with links to interior depth, use of white space, and projecting a more ordered/structures/organized development of info and Content, you are able to keep a lot "above the fold" with better effective means to create the conversion results you desire.

For an example that most miss, take a good analytical look at most CMS builds....see if their "order" is not exactly what we have been preaching about regarding site builds is all about....YES it is a CMS format, but see how the strengths of images, above-fold presentation, and information flow is established? Same has ALWAYS been true for HTML builds, but no one can rid themselves of the initial struggles with building sites to make much of a difference for themselves (IMO).

So much for ME trying to keep it brief on a Sunday. Hope you get the idea - I'm done for the day! Was starting to sound like a college class...
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Visili,
                  Great detailed explanation... They were quite specific in their requirements hence the CMS feel to a BV site. There are plenty of product and store specific pictures which still needed to be added as well.

There goes my early Sunday. LOL
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X