X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website up - all comments appreciated

Hello. Would you please check out the site:
    www.angelaannjourneytofulfillment.com.

I thought I did as suggested when naming the pages and putting key words on them but it is a no show on search engines such as google and msn. I would appreciate any and all suggestions

Jeannepeanuts
    client I.D. 22897

Re: Website up - all comments appreciated

Hi Jean,

Not sure how long the SE's have had to list your site, it's not always overnight. Have a look a beth's SEO basics as there is more to it than just keywor rich content eg
    • Correct Titles of your pages (should also be page specific and keyword rich)
    • Even the name you save your pages as should be optimised (eg 'w....jlp.html' contains little for SE's)
    The Eagle Pictures are great,
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Thanks Andrew. I have contacted Beth and look forward to working with her.

Jean

Comment

hai..................

Comment

Hi Jean,
          You have a good start, very simple. Just a couple of things I noticed. most of your pages oare wide, they show a scroll bar at the bottom. Try to keep the width to 800 and son't let anyting hangoff the side or it will skew it. The other thing is a nit picky thing, your text on the home page talks of the Golden Eagle, but yu have a picture of a Bald Eagle. This is just me but some people might notice and wonder. Good luck!
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi Jean,

I think you should center all your pages, as you did in your entry page.

Text in your buttons are over the BV logo in rollover buttons, so you might want to fix that. It's not very legible. I think you also could try a smaller font size.

Images are great.

Good luck for you.

Susana
            Susana

http://www.imperiodocha.com
            Leaf Tea & Acessories
            http://www.christiescreations.net
            Gift Baskets, Flowers and Party Favors for all occasions
            Richmond, VA

Comment

Hello Jean,
              I was going to have a quick look at your site to see what other newcomers are up to and found it so interesting I read everything. Your writing is clear and informative.
              Personally I don't like the font picked for the titles or the design of the home page. The photos are great, but the headline across the top is awkward and blocky. This is just my opinion of course, but what I would do is make a banner logo for Angela Ann (using her name and possibly what she does) for the top of the page, then use your quote underneath (not all caps) in a font that looks like handwriting. Just some ideas, it's really fine the way it is. I have a strong interest since I would like to do the same thing for a medium friend in California.
              All the best
              Catherine
              www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

I agree with the font on the landing page. Try not to highlight the font in white.

A very good effort

Comment

You really should consider some definitive intro Content on the index page (not just for the SEO aspects). Visitors want at least a taste of what is in front of them, and this is what "defines" your navigation --- gives visitors something to 'decide' whether or not to drill in for more (this is the first aspect of "coversion" every website needs to establish).

The other things come naturally as you see more and more of the "flow" of how sites are balanced and structured --- and the tech issues are simply a means of making that happen.

Great beginning!

New Dimensions of Internet Distinction
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Jeanne

Great Start, love the Eagle Pictures.

I notice you have chosen a lot of singular keywords that will be difficult to get a good ranking in Google due to competition.

You should consider using long tail keywords. ie groups of 2 to 4 words people would search on. You should try and develop content around these keyword phrases.

But to find good keywords you need to do some research. I google the phrase I am going to use to see how many sites I am in competition with. ie If you google Spiritual Teacher you will find it has more competition than say Spiritual Teachings.

I then use Google Adwords Keyword Tool to see what search volume on average the keyword phrase is getting and whether it has a high competition. It is no good using phrases that people do not search on for obvious reasons. It also gives you ideas for other keywords.

Anyway Great Site.
                    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
                    X