Afraid - but must face the world, so here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afraid - but must face the world, so here goes

Hello, to whom so ever wishes to comment, (please if at all possible do spare my feelings a little, it's my first go.)

I suppose it is better to get critique now rather than after going public.

Comments please

Also please see concept in the making /Chessboard.html

thanx

start living.

Re: Afraid - but must face the world, so here goes

Hi Start Living,

Looking Good, couple of comments.
    • The main header picture looks like the original has been stretched, as the smaller version on your chessboard page is less pixelated.
    • Centre Align your home page.
    • On the chessboard page the links open over your page (set target to blank)
    Spend some time on your SEO campaign (keywords, page titles, meta's etc) Have a look at Beth's SEO Basics it's a wonderful read.

Cheers,
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi Andrew,
      Thank you much appreciated. Have not got to grips with "SEO campaign", will have to look it up and see what it means.
      regards
      S Living

Comment

Hi Hans,

Looking good sir. I'm so glad you've made it. As I know you are from South Africa, you need to reconcider using PayPal. Try using Visa or something. Our lovely SARS has put a spanner in the works, lol. PayPal is only allowed to purchase. They do not allow you to receive money from your customers. That is unless you have a PayPal account for quite some time. The forum member above, PlayItbyBeer, has informed me about this.

Also, can you make your PayPal page open in the same window, instead of a new window?

Good luck sir.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
          Hi Hans,

Looking good sir. I'm so glad you've made it. As I know you are from South Africa, you need to reconcider using PayPal. Try using Visa or something. Our lovely SARS has put a spanner in the works, lol. PayPal is only allowed to purchase. They do not allow you to receive money from your customers. That is unless you have a PayPal account for quite some time. The forum member above, PlayItbyBeer, has informed me about this.

Also, can you make your PayPal page open in the same window, instead of a new window?

Good luck sir.
          Hi Hans,

Great to see more SA's enjoying BlueVoda & VH.
          This is c/o the Paypal Help Centre:
          Q: Can customers in South Africa open a PayPal account?

A: As of June 2005, South African residents are able to open a PayPal account, and can only send payments at this time. South African residents may not use PayPal to receive payments. PayPal continues to research how best to expand its offering in South Africa.

If you have a solution, I'm sure there are loads of us who would like to learn your secret.

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hello Tom,
            I suppose it will get better as i learn, talking design and technique.
            Paypal is not an option, as for me I have a Canadian "partner"
            However, we do have a South African facility which will do the job.
            Go onto the web and find http://www.mygate.co.za
            Shortly you will see their button on my site. i have joined them.

Tom I am not sure that I understand your question re the separate paypal page. Are asking can I bring the paypal button onto the /joinupsite.html?
            Did not consider it I am sure we can. However it worked out this way with the incorporation of an outside membership site which needed to be pointed back to the various thank you, congrats, error, etc pages.

My next quest is to realy get to grips with the keyword sciences and all its ramifications.
            Hans

Comment

Thanks for the link, Hans. I will check it out.

Just to explain what I mean by your Paypal page: Click the button "Click to join AIIM". The page that opens is named Paypalpage.html in the address field. Two things about this page: 1. It does not have a Title. 2. It opens in a brand new window and you cannot click the back button to go the the index page. If you make it to open in the same page, you will be able to use the back button, etc.

Regarding the SEs and Keywords, visit these two page:
              By Bethers (forum member): Link.
              By Vasili (forum member): Link. Very helpful.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Success is not immanent, it's imminent.

Comment

Working...
                X