• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcalebs
    Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Review BADDOG Designs Updated site ...

Hello all ... I have made quite a few updates to my site and wanted to get any and all thoughts and ideas. Thanks for your time.

ps. the rollover images are not working due to a bug in BV10d. Hopefully BV10e will have the problem fixed.

www.baddogdesigns.net
  • fadikaouk
    First Sergeant

• Sep 2007

Re: Review BADDOG Designs Updated site ...

It is nice :)

Good luck
    Fadi Kaouk

http://www.kgcinternational.com - Recruitment Firm
    http://www.moneymachineguide.com - Make Money Online
    http://fadikaouk.blogspot.com - Make Money Blog
    http://www.pokerguideservice.com - Learn the game of Poker
    [B][COLOR=Lime][COLOR=Black]

Comment

• jcalebs
      Sergeant

• Apr 2008

One thing I would change is the stupid looking cows you have in the banner.

Other than that it looks pretty good.
      www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

• jkadin
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

your off to a good start a few minor adjustments. where you have your seen in pages they open a new window try and keep it uniformed by staying in the same window, and you portfolio,s some open in a light box and some do not keep it uniformed, and I agree about the cows they got to go.well good luck with it.
        Joe
        www.anytime-figurines.com
        www.jkteddybear.com
        Last edited by jkadin; 05-19-2008, 10:53 PM. Reason: left off info
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• jcalebs
          Sergeant

• Apr 2008

the issue with keeping everything uniform is a glitch in the BV software. my portfolio is set up to open in a light box but the bug causes some of them to open in a new page. oh well, maybe that will get fixed one day ... BV, are you out there?

the 'seen in' page is supposed to open in a new page because it is taking you to a new site. i want my site to remain open if the client chooses to browse a site of a magazine i have been published in. as far as the cows go, if you notice i made the original comment about how the cows look stupid :))) i know they look horrible, i just can't come up with something that works at the moment.

thank you for the comments. keep them coming!
          www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

• David Marshall
            Major

• Feb 2006

focused but i would need more information on exactly what you are offering to be made clearer.

the cows are a bit wierd too but eye catching,

dave
            Dave

Law of Attraction Books
            Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
            Reiki Books

Comment

• jcalebs
              Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by David Marshall View Post
              focused but i would need more information on exactly what you are offering to be made clearer.

the cows are a bit wierd too but eye catching,

dave
              i wondered if it wasn't clear enough as far as what it is i am offering. i will try and make it more clear. thanks for the tip!
              www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, Different! (Which is always nice) I like the style & lay out. The only things that might help is getting the nearly 800kb front page down to under half. Its a bit slow loading on the 1st time . With the good quality images you have, this can easily get it down to around 350'ish kb in total with no viewable loss in quality.
                The only other area that looks a little squished, is the portfolio area. (well over 2meg) Might pay to look at some other viewers. Worth a look at this site if you get a chance. Bit more time consuming though.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• jcalebs
                  Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Hi, Different! (Which is always nice) I like the style & lay out. The only things that might help is getting the nearly 800kb front page down to under half. Its a bit slow loading on the 1st time . With the good quality images you have, this can easily get it down to around 350'ish kb in total with no viewable loss in quality.
                  The only other area that looks a little squished, is the portfolio area. (well over 2meg) Might pay to look at some other viewers. Worth a look at this site if you get a chance. Bit more time consuming though.

Good luck.

thank you for the recommendation on the portfolio site. i haver never really been happy with the one on BV.
                  www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

hi there ... good job ... ditto to Chris' comments ... also ... I do not understand the use of cows in the banner when your name is Baddog? The concept does not flow with your name or logo ... the other thing is your text is too small and is had o read ... I try to use around 11 point for blocks of text - it makes it easier for the reader ... keep up the good work ...
                    kym, merlin & tala
                    creating white majick
                    www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                    www.merlinsmajick.com
                    www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• jcalebs
                      Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
                      hi there ... good job ... ditto to Chris' comments ... also ... I do not understand the use of cows in the banner when your name is Baddog? The concept does not flow with your name or logo ... the other thing is your text is too small and is had o read ... I try to use around 11 point for blocks of text - it makes it easier for the reader ... keep up the good work ...
                      the cows are supposed to represent the idea of "standing out from the rest" but i don't think they are doing the job very well. i have been trying to come up with an acceptable idea to replace the cows for some weeks now. that will get changed as soon as possible!!! i agree about the text ... as a designer i tend to make text quite small because it is more visually appealing to my eye even though in some cases it makes it hard to read. the only problem here is, if i were to make my text larger it wouldnt fit on one page and i hate scroll boxes. so, i will try and address that problem as well. great tips ... thank you so much for taking the time!!!
                      www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

• whiteshepherd
                        Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

i understand the dilemna with the text size ... but it is about form versus function ... it is something I used to struggle with ... function has to be the most important as what is the point of of a website? For people to read it? If we make it difficult to read then why bother? there are thousands more out there ... so i made a rule based on magazine and newspaper text rules ... descriptive text is never more than 11 and not less than 10. 12 and 14 etc are for headings, sidebars etc ... 8 and 9 point for captions and small blocks of text ... yada yada

Now the cows ... lol ... I actually love what you have done with the caws ... it is just the overall concept clash between your name and logo. When I see Baddog Designs I think ... oh goody a website with stuff for my dogs ... then I go there and see cows and the website is about design etc ... if you really want to dare to be different and want to stick to the name Baddog Designs why not look at something that dares to be different by merely existing ... the white German shepherd .. ? They have brought contraversy wherever they went for many years (and still do). For many years white pups were culled from litters as the white gene is a fault in the breed. Only in around the last 10 years have they been accepted in Canada and the US; and only in the last 3 years have they been accepted as a breed in Europe by the FCI as the White ***** Shepherd. In Australia they are not accepted at all unless imported with a full pedigree.

I hope this helps you with your ideas and concepts.

If you find you want to use the white shepherd contact me as I can help with photos ... lol ...
                        kym, merlin & tala
                        creating white majick
                        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                        www.merlinsmajick.com
                        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

• jcalebs
                          Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by whiteshepherd View Post
                          i understand the dilemna with the text size ... but it is about form versus function ... it is something I used to struggle with ... function has to be the most important as what is the point of of a website? For people to read it? If we make it difficult to read then why bother? there are thousands more out there ... so i made a rule based on magazine and newspaper text rules ... descriptive text is never more than 11 and not less than 10. 12 and 14 etc are for headings, sidebars etc ... 8 and 9 point for captions and small blocks of text ... yada yada

Now the cows ... lol ... I actually love what you have done with the caws ... it is just the overall concept clash between your name and logo. When I see Baddog Designs I think ... oh goody a website with stuff for my dogs ... then I go there and see cows and the website is about design etc ... if you really want to dare to be different and want to stick to the name Baddog Designs why not look at something that dares to be different by merely existing ... the white German shepherd .. ? They have brought contraversy wherever they went for many years (and still do). For many years white pups were culled from litters as the white gene is a fault in the breed. Only in around the last 10 years have they been accepted in Canada and the US; and only in the last 3 years have they been accepted as a breed in Europe by the FCI as the White ***** Shepherd. In Australia they are not accepted at all unless imported with a full pedigree.

I hope this helps you with your ideas and concepts.

If you find you want to use the white shepherd contact me as I can help with photos ... lol ...
                          thanks again for the helpful info. i love getting outside tips and opinions! your baby is absolutely beautiful but my logo is based off of my dog tyson. i just updated my avatar if you want to see him. thanks again for all the help!
                          www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

Working...
                          X