site is up, looking for feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site is up, looking for feedback

Finally! There is so much more I would like to do, but this was a first with this program. All comments are appreciated.
    All the best
    Catherine
    www.catherinebuchanan.com

Re: site is up, looking for feedback

Outstanding job well done. Good flow love your art work . good luck with it.
    Joe
    anytime-figurines.com
    jkteddybear.com
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Very well done.
      Maybe you should name each page with a different title ex:
      "Catherine Buchanan portraits" ; "Catherine Buchanan home page",
      " Catherine Buchanan news ".
      Also check the lenght of the news page, and resume page, something is wrong there, too short or too long.
      Ciao
      Alas

Comment

beautiful website ... well done ... it does your work credit ... ditto to the comments by Alas ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

very nice, the pictures load quickly.

well done

dave
          Dave

Law of Attraction Books
          Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
          Reiki Books

Comment

Thank you so very much for you comments and suggestions. I am so novice at this I need to ask something very simple. I thought the page names had to be exaxtly the same what is on the button, is that one of those goofy assumptions?
            Also I made the pages longer on two of the pages to fit all the text. Do all the page lengths need to be the same?
            There was one sentence cut off that I fixed, was that the problem you saw Alas?
            Thanks again if you can help.
            I resized the photos in photoshop using steps I learned on a different site.
            It really works to keep them small and preserve the detail. Happy to share if anyone is interested I'll write it down.
            All the best
            Catherine

Comment

Originally posted by cathrn View Post
              Thank you so very much for you comments and suggestions. I am so novice at this I need to ask something very simple. I thought the page names had to be exaxtly the same what is on the button, is that one of those goofy assumptions?
              Also I made the pages longer on two of the pages to fit all the text. Do all the page lengths need to be the same?
              There was one sentence cut off that I fixed, was that the problem you saw Alas?
              Thanks again if you can help.
              I resized the photos in photoshop using steps I learned on a different site.
              It really works to keep them small and preserve the detail. Happy to share if anyone is interested I'll write it down.
              Hi Cathrine, What Alas is talking about is not for linking it is for search engine optimisation. If uou look at the top of this browser there is a name for the page. As I write this it is 'Web Hostig - Reply to Topic'. How you access this is to right click on an empty pat of your page, select page properties and you will see title. This is where you give every page a unique name. This is because we are all competing with thousands of websites for search engines to list us for people to find.

No ... your page lengths do not need to be the same length. What we meant was on these pages there is a fair amount of blank space at the end of the page where on other pages they end neatly at the bottom of the screen. This is normally caused by a stray element stopping it from ending correctly. It may bea text box that you can't see. Just click around the space and you should find it.

Wow ... that is a big job in photoshop ... there is free software here called pixresizer that will do the same job very, very quickly.

I hope this helps.

kym, merlin & tala
              creating white majick
              www.merlinsmajick.com
              www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Yes, thank you, that helps a lot. There are so many bits of information to keep sorted! Will keep working on it as the advice makes sense. Beautiful shepards! They are such wonderful creatures.
                All the best
                Catherine

Comment

don't worry you will get there ... we all started where you are once ... and you are doing a great job ... I really love your 'super real' paintings ...
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thank you!! I made all the changes people suggested, and also upgraded to the new edition of BV. Spell checker is truly a bonus. It is so great to have this testing grround. You are all wonderful.
                    All the best
                    Catherine

Comment

Working...
                    X