• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JEANNINE1234
    Sergeant

• May 2008

My first website - please comment

hi all, this is my first website ever. this is very very very basic. just to get something out there for my clients to look at solong. Now that it is up and working i would fine tune it. I am planning to add albums from Jalbum and to buy a flash template. please comment and tell me what i could, should change. also what did i forgot and where did i miss the plot completely

www.jennadphotography.com

thanks in advance
    Jeannine

www.jennadphotography.com
  • philipc9635
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Re: My first website - please comment

Hey Jenna

Great Start, your pictures load reasonably quick. I would lengthen your home page as I can't see the bottom of the picture.

We all have to start somewhere and your certainly heading in the right direction. I don't know if a flash template is an advantage as sometimes simple is better.

Well done so far
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• lemmondr
      Second Lieutenant

• Sep 2007

Jenna,

Great! start here a few things I noticed. KEEP YOUR NAME LOGO CONSISTENT THROUGHOUT YOUR WEBSITE. "Jenny D. Photography" should not move around throughout your web pages as your site is being surfed, also, keep your Menu Bar consistent as well. On the Home page you have HOME, GALLERIES, INVESTMENT AND CONTACT US, but when you click on CONTACT US, "WHAT TO WEAR" appears. These items should be reliable and consistent throughout your site. This is just me but I feel your Menu Bar should be on the left side of the page, instead of running into you nice Logo above.

Best of Luck

Daniel
      www.jaxplus.net

Comment

• FRANKJONE
        Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

great start like the home page, on the gallery i would try to make your pictures all the same size, as some of them only fill half the screen while other are too large to see without scrolling.

Comment

• vidalcarmen
          First Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Maybe you should either have more info on your home page or don't have a link to the home page. After all, why would someone want to go to the home page if there is no info on it? Over all I like your logo and layout. Keep up the good work! :)
          -Zachary
          www.pebblecrossing.com
          Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, off to a good start. just need to keep an eye on images sizes.
            The http://www.jennadphotography.com/weddings.html page took about 30secs to load, but it is over 7meg
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• D'son
              Major General

• Apr 2008

Several things I noticed, the photo sizing (already discussed), check your spelling and grammer on your pages. I noticed several pages had typo's, repeated words and missing words. In the photos I also noticed several of them are repeated with slight color changes, I think that users will think this is a mistake. And finally I agree that you need more content on your home page, that is where users decide to go further (or not).
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
              X