Spades Team Oriented Site Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spades Team Oriented Site Completed

I've fixed the navigation buttons.... still working on the background resizing... what do you think now w/ the buttons? anything else besides the background resizing?
    Dawnee

Comment

The background is not centered unfortunally. It looks like it has been placed totally on the left side. I use Firefox:)

And just to mention as well: you`re artwork is really great.
      www.phototales.net

Comment

Hey Chris,

K, so I've done that to all the background that it will LET me do it to. Some are over the max limit, and therefore will not allow me to optimize them... anyway to fix this?
        Dawnee

Comment

Thanks Katrine...

I'm not really sure how to fix that since you and I have different browsers, do you have any suggestions? And thank you for the compliment about my backgrounds... they are not my personal artwork though, and so I've given credit lines to where I got them from on each page.
          Dawnee

Comment

Hi Dawnee, I see the progress... looking good. I noticed on the rosters page that the font is very hard to read (some not at all) you might want to change that to a internet freindly font. You say at the bottom of one page to click on the image to see the full version this is not working either. I don't know if you have been told yet but its not a good idea to link directly to your email, spam bots will find it and you'll be barraged with junk. Link it to a contact page (form) and have the form sent to your email. The site is looking great!!!
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Dawnee,

Please can you explain this Spades to me??? I have never seen anything like this before and I couldn't work out from your site what this is exactly? Just intrigued.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Demuredawn.

Here is a link for you. Its great. It shows you how your page looks from several browsers.

Besides that. There is an option in your page properties were you set the sizes and stuff on your background. At the same place, you have the options to set the page as Centered.

I hope this helps:)
                www.phototales.net

Comment

Great link Katrine, I added it to my favorites. It will make it so much easier to test now.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net
                  How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I`m glad you liked it. :)
                    www.phototales.net

Comment

Originally posted by demuredawn View Post
                      Hey Chris,

K, so I've done that to all the background that it will LET me do it to. Some are over the max limit, and therefore will not allow me to optimize them... anyway to fix this?
                      Hi, this one is not so fussy on the image size, but works the same.

Good luck.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ty Chris and Katrine, those links will help a lot!
                        Dawnee

Comment

Marincky,

Spades is a card game. I am captain of a spades team within our league. Most of the stuff on that site is comparing our team to the other teams within that league, and the roster and contact info for my team specifically. Also, there are strategies about how to play the "regular" spades... that's the offense/defense/ 10/200 /blind nil/nil/bagging pages... and then there also some tips on how to play the "alter" spades games, which is still spade, but few added rules. If you want to check it out sometime to see what it is, we'd love to have you come and check us out. The address to our league is http://www.zoo-games.com and then you click on spades, then down in the lower right you will see "leagues", under that listing is "fun loving spaders", click on that. That is my league. My name there is demuredawn. Thanks for asking, and I hope that helped.
                          Dawnee

Comment

Marincky,

Is "Ramsey" your last name? Just wondering... cuz that is my last name, and it caught my attentino, lol.
                            Dawnee

Comment

D'Son,

Is it hard to read cuz of the style, the size, or the color? And... on the nav buttons or the page itself? Thanks
                              Dawnee

Comment

Okay... so... I looked at that site that Katrine gave, and there's actually 5 browsers that it doesn't work well with... 2 of them the background repeats itself in... and 2 others don't show the background at all.. and the other shows only part of the background. I have no idea how to correct any of this. The browsers that aren't working w/ it are:

Firefox on Mac and Camino on Mac both repeat the background (both vertically and horizontally)

K-Meleon on Windows XP blacks out the background, but text and nav buttons still show

Dillo on Titanium Platinum whites out the background and lines up the nav buttons and the banner with the text on the side

Safari on Windows 200 only shows half the background

Any suggestions anyone?? (Thx Katrine)
                                Dawnee

Comment

Working...
                                X