Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More updates to BADDOG Designs website ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More updates to BADDOG Designs website ...

Hello again ... I have made more updates to my site (changed the banners on all the pages ... for those of you that remember, I got rid of the cows finally). Please let me know your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you so much!

www.baddogdesigns.net

Re: More updates to BADDOG Designs website ...

Very nice site mate, every link I tried worked also.

Keep up the good work.
    Ash Whitehair

Comment

thank you for the response!
      www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

Great site, really clear and the copy is very well written. Technically you don't need advice (and I can't give it anyway), but there is something. On the about us page, it is not clear who 'us' is. There is a photo of one young man who I'm not sure can account for the 18 years of experience. If he is a customer that should be clear. I would also do a little research with clients to see if 'self taught' helps or turns people away. It works for me, but I'm a self taught artist.
        All the best
        Catherine
        www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

Hi there,

Very nice site!
          Just the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it:
          When I first look at your site I didn't get what you do...
          Maybe is the big dog attracting most of the atention, I don't know...I didn't get fast enough that you do web designs.

Cheers,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi, looking good & loading real quick, which is nice.
            The only page that might benefit from a re-think is the Portfolio page.
            The crinkly images don’t look that great & would benefit your self’s if the images were named as the company they refer to. Even more so if they have links to your site.
            This would also be good on the client’s page as well.
            You will also need to go through all pages & optimize for the SE’s . IE titles/keywords/ & so on.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Very nice!! What did you use for your graphic designed images?
              -Zachary
              www.pebblecrossing.com
              Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Originally posted by cathrn View Post
                Great site, really clear and the copy is very well written. Technically you don't need advice (and I can't give it anyway), but there is something. On the about us page, it is not clear who 'us' is. There is a photo of one young man who I'm not sure can account for the 18 years of experience. If he is a customer that should be clear. I would also do a little research with clients to see if 'self taught' helps or turns people away. It works for me, but I'm a self taught artist.

"Us" refers to me. I thought it might make it sound more professional. Based on the confusion it is causing I will probably stop referring to "us" and just say "me" or "I". The young man in the picture is me ... I should make that more clear by putting my name and title next to my picture. I have to say thank you and also have to admit that this is a little embarrassing ... it should read 13 years, not 18. I guess my math skills could use some help. I have been doing graphic design since I was 15 and am now 28 ... 28 minus 15, that is 13 right??? :) Thank you for your thoughts.
                www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

Originally posted by nzbr View Post
                  Hi there,

Very nice site!
                  Just the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it:
                  When I first look at your site I didn't get what you do...
                  Maybe is the big dog attracting most of the atention, I don't know...I didn't get fast enough that you do web designs.

Cheers,

That is something I have struggled with. Maybe I can use the area where the dog is to explain what it is I do on the homepage so you don't have to hunt for it. Thank you!
                  www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    The only page that might benefit from a re-think is the Portfolio page. You will also need to go through all pages & optimize for the SE’s . IE titles/keywords/ & so on.
                    I'm not a big fan of the "portfolio" that comes with BV. Does anyone have any good suggestions for portfolios? Do you have any links for help with SEO and titles and keywords? Thank you!
                    www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

I don't know... I'll think about it.
                      -Zachary
                      www.pebblecrossing.com
                      Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Originally posted by vidalcarmen View Post
                        Very nice!! What did you use for your graphic designed images?
                        do you mean what software did i use to build the website? i used adobe photoshop.

or do you mean what software do i use to create my freelance graphic design? if that ... i use adobe photoshop, indesign, illustrator, coreldraw.
                        www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

If it is just you, your portfolio is really impressive. It is more of a hook to know that it is all your work. Since you have your photo up it could be more personal, people like to know who they are doing business with. Maybe a sentence or two about your first job (in high school, age 15 or whatever) and "from then on I never stopped working...my client list includes..." is more to the point than a number of years. Relevant details keep readers interested.
                          "your web and graphic design spe******t' front and center would clear up some confussion about what you do. There is a lot of copy and some is too small or too light (the yellow) for me without glasses so I skimmed over it. I like the dog.
                          All the best
                          Catherine
                          www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

Hi, can really only suggest the image programs suggested in the other post. On the SE side of things, this link will help.
                            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                              Hi, can really only suggest the image programs suggested in the other post. On the SE side of things, this link will help.
                              that was my post of the software i use that you are referring to. i meant do you know of a better way for me to have people view my portfolio as opposed to using the "gallery" (portfolio) inside of bluevoda. i have found a few but i haven't been very impressed. thank you for the SE link!!!
                              www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

Working...
                              X