Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UP and RUNNING comments please

www.printsofcornwall.com

The site is now up and running and I would welcome comments however harsh. Firstly let me say that I want viewers to take time with each image and I want everything clear and simple and secondly do you feel I should have delimiters between the items in the TEXT MENU on page one.
    Michael

Re: UP and RUNNING comments please

Well, I'm an artist myself. the only thing I have to say is that you need repetition in the layout of your site.

have uniform area to place for your buttons, pictures and description. this way it will look a little neater. hope this helps.

Comment

Everything is spaced out. I would follow the advise of cpubasics1.
      -Zachary
      www.pebblecrossing.com
      Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Hi, ditto with the above comments. Your front page has a bit of side scroll due to not starting the site from the far left of the page & using one of the images at 1008px wide
        (http://www.printsofcornwall.com/bv01130.png) . Think it might put visitors off going through 1 page at a time to view images. Also there isn’t any indication to how many images a visitor is going to look at. IE: is there 10 prints or 300 in the gallery?
        The images will load ok as there is only 1 per page, but many are at 350kb plus & could have been nearer 50/60 kb for this size image.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just my opinion, but I think having one print per page does let the viewer reflect on the print longer; unfortunately, about 50% of all viewers will have "dial-up" internet and they might get impatient waiting for each page to load!

Also, I think the prices should show along with the print. A high percent of viewers will probably want to know how much money they are adding to the cart before they do it. I know that the cart will show the price but I still think it might be a negative thing for some purchasers.

You might want to put a short "training class" about PayPal on your Payment Page. They need to know that it is secure and that they don't need to open or have a PayPal account to purchase! A lot of people don't know these things and PayPal's payment site promotes opening an account to the point that it almost looks like it is mandatory to a new purchaser!

Since your site does not indicate that it is a secure site; they need the reassurance up front that you don't handle or see their financial info! I put that info right on my home page so as to eliminate an fears of purchasing they might have.

It's a real good start and I wish you much luck!

P.S.....You forgot a word here: Click to view purchases. When you are happy with the list click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button.

Comment

Great support from everybody. Many thanks. I shall now endeavour to incorporate most of the suggestions. Not quite sure how I tackle the page width item but I will try.

Comment

Have made changes as suggested but am having trouble trying to line up the first page on the left (with the verticle line0. The tutorials do no seem to show me how to do this. All advice welcome.
              www.printsofcornwall.com

Comment

You might want to look in to:

http://www.roscripts.com/90_killer_J...bsite-141.html
                -Zachary
                www.pebblecrossing.com
                Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Working...
                X