• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ornametals
    Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

New site up and Running

Check it out! Any feedback would be Great!
  • jkadin
    Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

Re: New site up and Running

Its a good start. First off In my opinion you got alot of good infomation but to much for the home page. I would break it down into several pages the home page is a page they land on as a introduction think it as a book. If you take my opinion you will problay have an awsome site right at your finger tips. As I was taking another look It does seem you have all your pages on to the landing page break it down.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• Ornametals
      Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

The reason I put everything on one page is that I noticed that almost all the SEO sites and sales use this kind of formatt. Not sure why yet, but I thought I would give it a try. Thanks

Comment

• Ornametals
        Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

woops. The reason I put everything on one page is that I noticed that almost all the SEO sites I've seen use this type of format. If it works for a Search Engine Optimization site!!!

Comment

• Ornametals
          Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

whole reply not showing? sites I've seen use this type of format. If it works for a Search Engine Optimization site!!!

Comment

• D'son
            Major General

• Apr 2008

I agree with jkadin the page is way too long, you really need to split it up into different pages. the links you have at the top of the page lead people to expect a different page not a bookmark within the same page. I would divide it up by the menu titles and maybe add a photos page.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• jkadin
              Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

When you break it down and have the right keywords on the pages plus in the titles you will be better off . You will see a big difference. Take for an example my two sites both have dragon decor when I broke up all the dragon decor items in anytime-figurines that site got better rankings on a lot of keywords compare to the jkteddybear site which has been on the web only a year and anytime-figurines is only out since april as the saying goes don't put all your eggs in one basket When you break it down you will have an awesome site
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• nzbr
                Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

Hi there,

The two main things I reckon you should do Is to resize the pictures (so your site loads faster) and center your page (this way people don't have to scroll sideways)
                And it is indeed a good idea having more links to different pages and information.
                Don't worry with SE's. As long as you bild your site having your clients in mind you will be fine. To do so you need to think about the keywords they would use to find you and build the site with important content for your target market. By doing that you are at the same time optimizing it for the Se's.
                Good luck!
                N Z B R
                t o u r s
                New Zealand Tours
                Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• vidalcarmen
                  First Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Great site, try to go for smaller font in the titles but bold. It will look a lot better. Also, could you align the text a little better. Since the site is centered, the text would look better aligned left. Great site over all!
                  -Zachary
                  www.pebblecrossing.com
                  Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

• Ornametals
                    Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks everyone, this site has been turned over to the new owners, but I will relay all the great feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X