Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test my functionality.

Hello BV Friends!
    Here is my site- www.PatentsProfiled.com this is a BV hosted site and has been modified from open source code. This is a social networking site. Anyone and Everyone willing to visit and then create a profile please do. I am really looking for people to create profiles and then try all the functions of the site to really help me test the bejeeezus out of this site. I am looking to fix any BUGS before really blasting my PROMOTION for the site. All input on this site will be greatly appreciated! THANKS BV Friends!
    sigpicCPMatt
    www.PatentsProfiled.com
    www.ContinentalProcessing.com

Testing Comes Later....

Remember! You only get 1 thread to post each website in the Reviews Forum according to the Rules.....

By re-configuring, you lost all the defaulted structure, which makes your site look completely out of whack, layout-wise: too many dis-jointed panes and elements, misalignments, and unbalanced gaps and areas where you have "scrunched" too much in without allowing an even flow or spacing to naturally soften and allow a cohesion to emerge.

Your flow of theme (organization of certain "functions" or features) is confusing: if you want more registrations and networking to happen here, be up-front with it by having a clearly defined purpose/mission via a clear intro and defined page+site navigational scheme to refer to. Don't be afraid to explain to visitors the purpose of the site, or how it is supposed to work (for them)......let them "in" and be allowed to determine their own degree of participation.

If this "posture" would be made more apparent, I believe a greater degree of cedibility would be immediately created, and would aid tremendously in "conversions" of all types (and there are many in web building beyond simple "registering of visitors").

Remember that such a dark theme is foreboding, even in the technical world, and in your genre (creativity) cool colors, white, and pales work best to present a "clean" and professional environment. As it is now, it looks too much like a game site, IMO.

Empty space between core columns, featured images (which work wonders when too many words would be the only other choice), and areas within the page are totally acceptable, and help to create the easy flow for visitor eyes to track naturally and for the brain to process normally.
    You may wish to simply look at some of the biggest tech firms on the planet to see how much they have in common, since they are not out to impress as they are dedicated to serving (meaning they know what works, and they depend on that conversion value): www.sas.com | www.oracle.com | www.mercado.com | www.sage.com | www.cisco.com | www.sap.com
    And.....a couple "relationship-heavy" participant exchange sites: www.odesk.com | www.getafreelancer.com (Look especially close to the header and the text block directly under the header -- which helps to define the page right away, both visually and cognitively)

And...last but not least: the logo you are using for this site looks totally out of place, and too similar to the Joomla logo to signify anything new or ingeneous to me -- personally. When/if you fix the layout and color scheme it may be only then you can create a more complimentary image that will effectively convey your identity.

I didn't test the functions too much, since I got bogged down on the Main page itself. I will check back later on to see what all others mention and what you decide to undertake.

Great first effort!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Test my functionality.

Very nicely done, I would suggest that you have a little bit of info at the top of your page telling what your webpage is.
      -Zachary
      www.pebblecrossing.com
      Earn While you Search the Web!

Comment

Re: Test my functionality.

Thanks for your comments--I will take your suggestions and appreciate your feedback
        sigpicCPMatt
        www.PatentsProfiled.com
        www.ContinentalProcessing.com

Comment

Working...
        X