New website published - please take a look and comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website published - please take a look and comment

I've recently published my website azurhomefinders.co.uk and would appreciate any comments you folks may have. I'm a bit concerned about the speed with which the pages load. Any comments/suggestions to improve that aspect???

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: New website published - please take a look and comment

nice, clean, simple ... good job!!! the speed of the pages is slowed only due to the fading effect you have on each page. i personally didn't mind the speed even though it could be quicker by turning the effect off. one other tip ... make sure all your similar items are in the same spot on all the pages ... ie: the photo of the four boats in the top, middle is in four different spots on your four main pages. good job!!!
    www.baddogdesigns.net

Comment

I am new to this myself but I think that naming pages with relevance to your offering will enhance the search results i.e. if your home page is named Property in "France, Cote d'azur" rather than "index" it may help when people search in google etc. Right click on the page>page properties>titles and you can change it there.

I think it's a good site but the music really iritated me - it over-rides my radio and I could not find an option to shut it up. I think that it is too intrusive as people often play music/radio of their choice and don't want elevator music to interupt.

Comment

I like it, and the overall layout theme. You could possibly tighten it up so it is not so spread out, and that would make a dramatic impact on your whole organizational aspect, and probably have a more beneficial impact on Visitors too.

Just an observation .... most people's brains (conscious or sub-conscious) prefer to have a closer registration of elements, to have a more "completed" bigger picture, as opposed to straining to support a 'wandering eye'.....(remember how our eyes 'track in" things? Left to top right, across right, back up to top right, diagonal to lower left, across bottom to right, back to top left, diagonal to center > draw larger circles from center > back to top left, across to top right, down to bottom right, and across bottom a few times , back to center...)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I liked the layout, as said above, but you should get rid off the blue space under your email, telephone and ******. Your page should finish right there.
          There's also a white line on the very right end of the page that doesn't make sense.

Cheers,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

It looks pretty good, along with what has been said, I have IE, and it was way wide. It was over 1100. You need to bring the width down below 1000, more like 800.
            Gook Luck
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

1. I have published 3 pages of site: www.etsystemsinc-caribbean.com, but receive error page or different sites that is not ours. Could you explain what do do?

2. When building pages something was mistakenly done reason why images are no longer visible. Please help?

Comment

It can take up to 72hrs for a new site to be seen. Have you pointed your domain name to your DNS ?
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X