Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-designing my site

Hi to everyone of you,

I recently published my site indigomosaics.com, a virtual gallery for my mosaics, but had problems with mal-ware so I chose to scratch it to zero, clean all up and republish.
    I down-loaded the new version of BV 10.1, and all of a sudden all my images won't load. It works ok in the preview. My browser-settings admit images. I use Firefox. I am going crazy!
    I would really really appreciate some help.
    Good advices are welcomed, too!

Thanks in advance
    Tina
    indigomosaics.com
    Client Id 22126

Re: Re-designing my site

You might want to try this forum to get more help with that problem, rather than her where sites are reviewed.
    Saving, Naming, Previewing and Publishing Saving, Naming, Previewing and Publishing
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by IndigoMosaics View Post
      Hi to everyone of you,

I recently published my site indigomosaics.com, a virtual gallery for my mosaics, but had problems with mal-ware so I chose to scratch it to zero, clean all up and republish.
      I down-loaded the new version of BV 10.1, and all of a sudden all my images won't load. It works ok in the preview. My browser-settings admit images. I use Firefox. I am going crazy!
      I would really really appreciate some help.
      Good advices are welcomed, too!

Thanks in advance
      Tina
      indigomosaics.com
      Client Id 22126
      I recently read about te same situation and the answer to that question was go to cpanel and check to see if your hot links are enabled.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi Tina,
        I also use FF and at the moment I can't see any picture either.
        The links are not taking you anywhere.

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi,

To Jkadin, I went to cpanel to look at my hotlinkconfig. and it is disabled. I tried to enable it just to see, but no change. But in the box "Block direct access for these extensions" I see the ext. of images: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp. And in the box "URL's to allow access" I see the URL's to my homepage.

I dont see anything with IE either so I doubt it's my browser settings that are disturbing.

I'll have to open another support ticket.
          I appreciate that you took the time to answer me

Tina

Comment

Hi to all of you,

I just wanted you to know that the problem is solved.

When I published my files I had the "publish html files" checked, and for that reason my images wouldn't load.

They told me from Customer Support that I had to check the "publish all files" button, and now finally my pixes load.

Wow they are really clever in there...at the first shot they figured it out.
            I have been sitting here for days with my eyes burning.

Just wanted to let you know.

Now I will re-publish all my pages and I would really appreacciate comments from you on my site.

Tina

Comment

Hi Tina,
              I can see it now. You have nice pictures!
              But....if you want people to find your site via SE's you need content on your main page (index page). Good content related to what you do or offer. This way the SE's can rank you better when someone do a search in relation to the content you have in your site.

Cheers,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi nzbr,

thank you so much for your advice, I'll write a welcome text for my visitors.

Tina

Comment

Hi, your images are showing fine, but the pages are a little off center. It seems like you have been building your pages on how they look on your screen & not from the left of the BV page. This may look a little odd with some screens & certain browsers.
                  You need to build your pages from the far left of BV & if you are using the layout you have. Set the page width to 649 & check the center in browser in the page properties area.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

thanks for your advice; I moved the dark shape I have on the center of my page a little to the right. I noticed it just after your post because my scroll-bar in FF doesn't show the colour of the background which makes the page on my screen centered (don't know how because the scroll-bar colour shows in IE)
                    Now I don't know if it's my browser that's a little strange, but when I check that "center in browser"setting in page-properties and publish the page, it goes totally to the right on my screen and I have a large piece of background on my left, so for that reason I choose to let it unchecked.

Thanks again for any advice. I'm new to web-design and web-hosting so the process for me is slow.

Tina

Comment

Hi, what happens when you check the center in browser box, is its takes everything on your BV page & puts it into a box. (Container) It then centers everything in the box on all screens. But you have to build your BV pages from the far left of your BV screen. For the 1st page i usually put my bits & bobs on the page to around the 800 mark & when i am happy with the page, place a shape on the pushing it to the far left & then stretch it to the far right of any object on the page. It will give you a width size in the bottom right corner of your BV page. Pop this into the page properties & check the center in browser.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi to Chris and all on the forum,

wow...to build a page in that way is so much faster, easier and precise...I moved my shape with everything on it to the far left and checked the "center in browser" setting and then I put the width to 650 and it seems centered now, except for the scroll-bar that is dark like the background colour in IE, but light in FF...hmmm?!
                        When I'm done with my italian pages I'll start my english and danish section.

Thanks again Chris, you are really helping!

Tina

Comment

Firefox doesn't recognize styled scroll bars and IE does.
                          Karen Williams
                          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by IndigoMosaics View Post
                            Hi to Chris and all on the forum,

wow...to build a page in that way is so much faster, easier and precise...I moved my shape with everything on it to the far left and checked the "center in browser" setting and then I put the width to 650 and it seems centered now, except for the scroll-bar that is dark like the background colour in IE, but light in FF...hmmm?!
                            When I'm done with my italian pages I'll start my english and danish section.

Thanks again Chris, you are really helping!

Tina
                            Its all looking good & coming on well.

Good luck.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you karenwms63 for your info about styled scroll bars in FF versus IE. I spent some time scratching my head because of that issue.
                              And thanks again to Chris for your help.

You're great!

Tina

Comment

Working...
                              X