Your thoughts about my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts about my site

I would like to get other peoples thoughts about my web site www.mrjadejewelry.
    All advice welcome its the only way we can learn.
    Thank you in advance for taking the time to look over my site.
    Any Ideas?
    Cheers Banker.

Re: Your thoughts about my site

You have some very nice products. You have incorrectly spelled Buddha several times.
    Myself, being a professional photographer can be extremely picky about almost everything.
    When looking at pages it is quite apparent (to me) that some photos are inserted with products that appear to be "leaning" while the vast majority of the items are "straight"
    The photos on your index page are by far the weakest as far as visual appeal. The multiple shadows and "hot spots" do not make the products appealing and as this is the first page the photos should be top notch (IMHO)
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Banker,
      Do you mind if I post a link to one of your index page photos that I worked on? It's the Jade Polo & Sliders.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Jade Bangles, Bracelets, Carvings, Pendants, Buddah Pendants, Black Jade Bangles, Lavender Jade Bangles, Dragon Jade Carvings, Imperial Jade Jewelry,Feng Jade
        This list at the bottom of your index page should be hyperlinked to the corresponding pages to the text. For instance, I should be able to click on the "Jade Bangles" in this list to go to the Jade Bangles page.

Good use of browser space with the lead in bangles and the teaser photos (the ones just out of site but you know they are there because the tops are at the fold line). I feel that you will succeed if you continue to read on this forum and look into google tools for help with google. Tweaking and navigation are ahead for you. Good Luck.
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Banker,

Good Start! my only thought is, "way too much text on the Home Page" I would use Tabs to break out your Menus.

Good Luck!!

Daniel-

www.jaxplus.net

Comment

As others have said, "Good Start" and now that you have much of the grunt work done (collecting item descriptions, photos, prices, etc.) the refinements you make to your site will seem as if they are all "downhill" from now on!

Do continue to check spelling ...Buddha is not the only error!

However .... you do make some glaring errors regarding many of the descriptions of your items (especially it seems the higher priced ones): commenting on the 'weight' of a finished piece of jewelry (or jewellery for our friends in the UK or Hong Kong) is never made with reference to "carats," the Avoirdupois, or the Troy system (reserved for precious metals), but in the universal metric standard system as "grams."
            This example from your site for a carved bangle: Weight: 199.802cts,
            You do not have a horribly large inventory to make much of a task of simply converting the weights and re-publishing your pages. CONVERTER

Although jade has been elevated to "precious" when once semi-precious for many years, the use of "carat" for calculation of weight is only used when referring to a loose, calibrated size stone and not a finished piece of jewelry. If a piece of jade is shaped into an 10x8mm oval cabochon, for example, it would be appropriate to refer to the size first, and then the carat weight. A carved pendant or necklace piece, a "washer" (typically an antique button or garmet clasp), a single 8mm round drilled bead, or a hand carved solid bangle bracelet would all be referenced primarily by size/dimensions, and then by weight in grams (which, in the trade, establishes a reference to substantiate specific gravity, a tell-tale of appropriate comparative credibility --- it would be obvious if the piece weighed significantly less than "normal").

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,
              The headline on your index page is wanting. A well designed banner with your company title might be more visually interesting than a list with an underline. I gave up reading pretty quickly. Expensive items do need first class presentation. The bright blue also takes away from your beautiful items. You have a really good start, good luck.
              All the best
              Catherine
              www.catherinebuchanan.com

Comment

Carbon Terry,
                Please put that link on. I will try to improve my photos and spelling. To correct some of my current pictures would be endless work as I have over 1,000 Bangles in stock and that is just the Bangles at least two pics for each Bangle.

karenwms63,
                I will take your advice and put in the links.

lemmondr,
                Thank you for your advice I think I will redo my index page.

Vasili,
                Spell check on blue voda would be good.

Gem Quality Jade is measured in Carats same as Diamonds and other stones.

cathrn,
                I think a flash banner would be best at the top of the page. Can I get this on B.V.?
                My only concern about this is the the extra time for page loading.

Thank you all for your time and comments.
                Regards.
                Banker

Comment

I will be off line for a few days as I'm moving my office.
                  Regards.Banker

Comment

I did a simple rework in PhotoShop. I understand about the volume of work. However, the photos on your home page should be of great quality.
                    Here
                    There is a spell check option on BV10.1.2
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

VH has a spell check (F7) But it is only an American dictionary.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Banker View Post
                        Vasili,
                        Spell check on blue voda would be good. Try composing in Word first, then COPY/PASTE into BV --- completely simple "foolproof" means to use multiple tools at once and end up with Content worthy of publishing.
                        Gem Quality Jade is measured in Carats same as Diamonds and other stones.
                        Not in the Western World in the 35 years I have been in the business.......nor ever seen at the AGS/JCK/Luxury/Couture Shows!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Carbon Terry,
                          Just had a look at your site & the work you did on my Pics. Yes I can see what you mean about the Pictures need to be better quality. Your Web site looks great and I can see you have put a lot of work into it. Job well done.
                          Cheers Banker

Comment

Working...
                          X