Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aviation Page.com

Hello,

Well last night I was considering how I could make more use of my domain names. And thought it would be a great idea to create a daily blog for aviation enthusiasts.

It has been created in Wordpress and has only been live since yesterday, so there isnt much content. Hopefully I will be able to expand into a forum given that popularity grows. For now I will be browsing for Plugins so that the readers have more options.

I would like some feedback on how fast the blog loads, because I've noticed there is a issue with the header I created.

So here it is http://theaviationpage.com/blog/

enjoy :)

Re: The Aviation Page.com

Hi there .. good luck and I hope this goes well for you and you get the viewers you deserve .. In terms of optimizing your page, yes you should, it took about 12secs or so .. too long in any case. Your header is actually ok .. it rings in at just 27 kbs .. that's okay .. but with all the photos on your page some are 80 kbs and some less, I checked a few .. I think you have physically resized by the blue handles that surround the image when you insert it on your page .. firstly you should go to the library of webmaster tools at voda host and choose the free pix resizer ... and then once you have the physical size photo that you need, take them all to www.dynamicdrive.com and use their online image optimizer .. this will reduce the kbs of your picture .. ideally if you can bring the combined kbs of your photos and images down to around 200 kbs for the entire page you have a great optimized page .. and you could also optimize your header there as well .. If you have never used the optimizer at dynamic drive, you will find that you are given about 7 options of the final photo to use and can greatly reduce the amount of kbs which will allow your page to open much more quickly .. The pic resiz

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: The Aviation Page.com

I've resized the images and it should load faster, well hopefully :)

Wow,I must say Im impressed with Pix resizer and its ability to resize mulitple pictures in one go. And its quite fast.

Although I've found jumping between PIX resizer and Dynamic Drive to be a bit time consuming and Ive opted to use Paint.net. It has come a long way and you can resize and maunally control the quality of the image via a scroll bar.
      The maximum width of the pictures will now be 450 pixels and have a file size no bigger that 40KB which i think is a good size to maintain quality.

Apart from that I think the next best step will be to set the maxiumum post per page to 3. This would be better than having one huge long page.

Thanks Lady Eye

Comment

Working...
      X