• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juzzfly
    Private First Class

• Jun 2008

First Attempt

Hi everybody. Enjoying this product now!
    Just wanted to post my first attempt here. Any feedback appreciated.

www.terrafirmacreations.com.au

(yes, I'm aware it appears to run a little slow...will attempt to resolve with generation 2 site).

Cheers,
    Justin
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: First Attempt

First Nice start. The pages load extremely slow, even on DSL it took over a minute to load the home page. You need to center your pages, make your page widths no wider than 800 - 1000. The thumbs of your work take a long time to load, you should use a picture resizer and optimizer like the one that Carbon Terry has (search for any of his posts), and a couple of the images in the light box veiwer are extemely large. This should give you a place to start, good luck.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• karenwms63
      Colonel

• Feb 2008

Good Start! I would suggest using a text menu with the orange color that is in your header. I feel the glass buttons take away from the professionalism of your site. I think you would like it if you try it and text loads faster.

Also, if it is listed in the keywords, it must be in the text on your page. Otherwise that is considered "spamming keywords". Leave the keywords on there but create some content to make all of those keywords relevant to the page. I think a paragraph below the fold with a list of services that the company does could fix this. That way it doesn't take away from nice layout that you have now.

Check here for a place to start to help with your images:

You have done a lot of good work here!
      Karen Williams
      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• karenwms63
        Colonel

• Feb 2008

Also check out this one: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ixresizer.html
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• juzzfly
          Private First Class

• Jun 2008

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I initially resized all images of work nut did notice that a couple are still huge!.
          Not sure as to the speed problem yet, possibly to do with the company logo... Great idea with the keywords and layout.
          Cheers,
          Justin

Comment

Working...
          X