• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayde22
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Please give me some inspiration

Hey,
    Im stuck.. I have done as much as i can do at this point as i have no tech background blah blah. I do want this site to look slightly different but do not know how.
    Please give it to me straight i really wan't honest feedback.
    Also please tell me how to make the text and colours in my bv site the same as on every other persons computer without that text installed? Iv heard it can be saved.. or somthing different like that.
    This site is not completed but it needs you're help to get there
    Thank you immensly... thank you

Karly

www.romanceinthecity.com.au
  • FRANKJONE
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

Re: Please give me some inspiration

a very nice start, however i would change your font, very hard to read, maybe a different color.
    good luck,

Comment

• jayde22
      Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hi,
      I have republished the first paragraph of the home page.. Is that easier to read? Thanks

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

Nice start, good concept. I would change the size of the font you are using, there is no need for it to be so large it just makes the user scroll needlessly. Also the product page is way to long (a lot of blank space at the bottom) same for the quote page. The font is easier to read. The images are bit rough, very grainy and distorted a bit. If this a business you have run for a while why not add a few photos of the accomidations and aminities you have put together for some of your clients on the home page and add some testimonials.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• jayde22
          Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Thanks i feel the same way about the font size etc.
          Can you help with the blank pages on the product and quote page. They do not show up in my bv mine. Do you have any idea on how to fix this.

Comment

• FRANKJONE
            Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

what d was saying is that your pages are to long with a lot of blank space at the bottom of your pages causing people to scroll and see nothing.

you can fix it by opening your page right click open page proprities and change size of page to 800 for width and start at 1000 for the length
            republish and check page, you might have to do it more than once.

good luck

Comment

• D'son
              Major General

• Apr 2008

Originally posted by jayde22 View Post
              Thanks i feel the same way about the font size etc.
              Can you help with the blank pages on the product and quote page. They do not show up in my bv mine. Do you have any idea on how to fix this.
              I don't see any blank pages, I went through every page and checked all the links and they link properly. I did notice a couple of things, there are no links listed on your links page (you could unlink this page for now until you have some) and there is no nav. button for it on your home page. On your quote form you have several boxes that you want the user to make a selection, but the user can not do so.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

• FRANKJONE
                Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

nice job keep up the good work, it does lots of time,and it looks like you are doing just that

Comment

• karenwms63
                  Colonel

• Feb 2008

I feel that the word "city" needs to be in your header. And put a good title in the index page instead of "home"(do not confuse this with page names).

On your products page, (also needs good title instead of "products") the packages listed as they are now can be confusing and kinda seem to run together. Maybe rethinking the way you list your packages will help you to make this page easier to understand from a customer's point of view. I would take the very top "Please Note" and put it at the bottom of the page instead.

You really need a privacy policy page for any customers you might have from California, etc. This also helps with your site's professional image.

You have a really great start to your site! As you know, web sites require ongoing work and updated content, so keep up the good work and Good Luck!
                  Karen Williams
                  Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

• karenwms63
                    Colonel

• Feb 2008

This link will show you all the web friendly colors
                    W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

And this is a quick list of web friendly fonts:
                    Arial, Arial Black, Courier New, Comic Sans MS, Verdana, Impact, Times New Roman, Georgian, Trebuchet MS...I'm sure this is not the "complete" list.
                    Last edited by karenwms63; 07-02-2008, 02:28 AM. Reason: more info
                    Karen Williams

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

As long as you are focusing on web-friendly fonts and colors, I would go over your written text content with a fine-toothed comb: there are far too many spelling errors, improper punctuation, and awkward use of English to let go unattended.

And definitely fix the issues regarding your images ... clean them up or find new ones more along the size you need (remember, it is a lot easier to make images smaller than to expand beyond a defined resolution).

And .... center your pages (by right-clicking on your page in BV to reveal Page Properties > Select "Center in Browser")

PS: Having a PRIVACY policy on your site is required nowadays (you are hosted on US-based servers, and conduct business with the US), and it is simply a good idea to have an official ABOUT US page as well, to show all your Contact info (a short story about your business, telephone, address, etc.), and which more importantly displays your official accontability to comply with all internet protocols.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• jayde22
                        Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hi,
                        Thank you all sooo much i am currently putting into action all your suggestions. One thing .. When i submit the contact form nothing happens.. (it is setup exatly the same as my other form page, which brings up a thank you page) plus my radio boxes on my quote form are not selecting??? Please help

Comment

• karenwms63
                          Colonel

• Feb 2008

Make sure the size of your form is long or wide enough to include all your form elements. This is a common, overlooked step in making the form work. The box you start out with is not always big enough. I would check this first.
                          Karen Williams

Comment

• jayde22
                            Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hi,
                            The contact page borders where 2 small but that is not the problem. Also i can not keep the radio buttons on my website selected? What do i select as in the events section of the buttons page properties? do i need to do it nothing i do works!!!
                            Pleeasse help i need to launch this business... Thank you

Comment

• D'son
                              Major General

• Apr 2008

Did you set the encoding type to multipart/form-data? Someone else had a problem like this and that was the cause. Also be sure the method is post.
                              Reguards
                              Ed
                              www.dsondesigns.com
                              www.300hitter.com
                              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
                              X