Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A change in the color background on some pages once they are hosted takes place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change in the color background on some pages once they are hosted takes place.

Hi! my website is at paralleltime.com

I've just uploaded it to the servers and there is no design issue. Everything looks great as it did when I tested each page before uploading the site.

However, certain pages that had a gold background lighting behind the page turned to the light violet color I have on other pages and some pages that were set up with a light violet color background turned gold once the pages were hosted. Everything tested perfectly when I checked every page in BlueVoda. The problem is that this color change going from from computer to the servers makes the text images blur into the color, etc. and of course that is unacceptable.

There seems to be a color code conflict issue within BlueVoda between the use of different colors, etc.

I did use four or five color background patterns for the many pages inter-linked within my site by using one background set-up I'd created on one page for the next page by renaming the page and then proceeding to built around that color background for the needs of that next page. A number of the pages are alright including the index page.

Can the problem pages be fixed? Can you help me to solve this color changing issue that takes place in the background on these pages once they are hosted?

Note! - This new developing company website has many links within the site itself that go from illustrations for the novel to novel chapter excerpts and film related material for our new publishing company to a music CD album and other upcoming promotional aspects that revolve around this new novel trilogy. There is no shopping cart up yet as we are not quite ready for that.

Thank you for your assistance.

R. Scott Lemriel

Re: A change in the color background on some pages once they are hosted takes place.

Hi .. is this a shape you are inserting, or applying a background color on page properties? It shouldn't be doing this if it is a background, but will do this with a shape. A shape inserted on a page is treated as an image and will be named, if you copy that to another page and then change the color on that page, the shape will revert to the last color published .. To remedy this, keep things the same or apply each new on your pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: A change in the color background on some pages once they are hosted takes place.

What Lady eye has explained above is correct, with just one difference: you CAN copy from page to page. BV will asign a new name when you do that. The conflict is generated, when you use the Save As commebd to create a new page. In that case, the shapes in both pages have the same name, so if you change the color in one of them, it will affect the other too.

Solution: For each one of the problematic pages, CUT the shape. Paste it back in the page using the PASTE icom from the toolbar (this way it will be repositioned in the same position). Move it to the Back. Save, Publish, And refresh your browser.

Solution 2: for future pages : in BV go to Options, Publish, and tick the box: "Use PAge Name for image prefix".

This way each image will have a name relevant to the page it belongs to, and you will not have the problem anymore.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I apologize for the terrible long delay in thanking you. Lady Eye, and navaldesign for your comments regarding my website design issue way back when, etc.

I did, of course, learn how to create quite stunning web pages for paralleltime.com without the color changing problems I had before by creating all pages from scratch. I did copy some items from page to page as indicated by your comments and I have had no color changing problems for a great length of time.

Thanks for your assistance, though I've been so involved in establishing a new novel publishing and ancillary product company since the beginning days of developing the paralleltime.com website. It is very user friendly and uniquely appropriate for what we are about to do.

Thanks again.

Scott

If either of you could, would you look at paralleltime.com. Click on the Contact and E-mail page blue barrel in the lower left hand side of the Index front page. What I'm trying to achieve is to have the large white rectangular window function a typing entry screen for visitors to the site that wish to send me an e-mail. This would be most convenient for a visito to simply type in their message and hit Submit. I have set up my web mail account at Voda Host; but I have been UNABLE to find any tutorials that will explain how to make this kind of webpage function as indicated. I know you both would know how to achieve this. Is Blue Voda capable of this or is this a deeper desing or other software issue?

Thanks for any reply and best wishes as always,

R. Scott Lemriel

Comment

Very easy- Please watch the tutorials on Forms: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms.html
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

RE: Thanks for your earlier assistance Lady Eye and Navaldesign.

I apologize for the terrible long delay in thanking you Lady Eye, and Navaldesign for your comments regarding my website design issue way back when, etc.

I did, of course, learn how to create quite stunning web pages for paralleltime.com without the color changing problems I had before by creating all pages from scratch. I did copy some items from page to page as indicated by your comments and I have had no color changing problems for a great length of time.

I've been so involved in establishing a new novel publishing and ancillary product company since the beginning days of developing the paralleltime.com website that is slipped my mind to properly thank both of you. This website and what it is intended to achieve worldwide in time is very user friendly and uniquely appropriate for what we are about to do. Much more will be done with this to expand its capabilities as things get underway.

Thanks again.

Scott

P.S. - If either of you could, take a quick look at paralleltime.com.

Click on the Contact Information and E-mail page blue barrel in the lower left hand side of the Index front page. What I'm trying to achieve is to have the large white rectangular window function as a typing entry screen for visitors to the site that wish to send a question, comment or suggestion via e-mail. This is for building a fan base over time. Some of the current wording will change, of course, once I can make this function work. This set-up would be most convenient for a visitor to simply type in their message and hit Submit. I have set up my web mail account at Voda Host; but I have been UNABLE to find any tutorials that will explain how to make this kind of web page function as indicated. I know you both would know how to achieve this. Is Blue Voda softweare capable of this or is this a deeper design issue that requires additional web design software?

I understand that an e-mail link would have to be placed behind this white rectangular window in some fashion: however, the creation of this text window with Blue Voda software does not allow me to place this kind of connection behind it. The Submit button, etc., would also have be connected to this window area in some manner for it to function. So far, I've been unable to find anything at the Blue Voda tutorials that explain how to go about this, other than just how to go about setting up e-mail accounts, etc. I must be missing something or I'm just not experienced enough know if the solution is staring me in the face from what I've been able to discover so far.

Thanks for any reply and best wishes to you both as always,

R. Scott Lemriel

Comment

Working...
            X