Please take a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take a look

I have published the site at last! Some of the content is missing as I haven't recieved it yet but the person I built it for has said....

on meet the staff, the pics go over the titles.
    links please share also wording over wording.
    forums alu banner is over wording.
    guestbook cant seem to click in name.

http://www.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk/

It all looks fine to me??? I know the downloads are not working & I am looking into this.

This is all new to me so any advice, comments, suggestions, error highlighting would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Re: Please take a look

Hi,

Your webpages work perfectly fine with IE.
    No problemo.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I checked out in mozzila the pic on meet the staff do overlap, also on the marquee I think it should come down just below the bar where it says news and updates your off to a great start just work out those tweaks and you will have an awesome site good luck.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thank you so much looking.
        I will see what I can do but it's hard as I can't see the faults, I will adjust the marquee, space the pics out a bit more & see if that makes it any better.

Comment

Hi again I have looked at it in Mozilla, I think I've fixed the problems & the downloads now.........Could someone take a look & let me know if it's ok now please.

Mant thanks

Comment

Someone, anyone pleaseeeeeeeee

Comment

Hate to say this, but the piccies overlap in both FF and IE7!

Tom
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for replying, I'm not sure how to fix this as I can't see it & you are only one of about three people that are seeing this.

Any suggestions on a fix for this???

I don't want to blindly alter it & then it look wrong for lots more people.....Arrrggg!

Comment

Are you using BlueVoda or Soholaunch--I know nothing about Soholaunch.

I've had very good results with BV, but when I do have a problem I can't figure out, I usually make some "dummy" page and put the troublesome stuff on it one at a time, publishing and testing until I figure something out.

I've noticed you have "trans.gif" over your photos. I assume you've put a tranparent shape over them? Maybe there's an issue there.

You can tell I'm not hugely helpful here, but sometimes simple questions can inspire an "Aha!" moment.

Tom

Comment

I'm using BlueVoda & I don't even know what a "trans.gif" is? so I haven't intentionally put it there.

Scuttles off to have a look............

Comment

OK I had a shadow effect on them & have removed it, which has got rid of the "trans.gif" I think but I can't tell if it has made any difference or not?

Comment

Hi, back again.

sorry--no difference. The trans.gif is gone, so each photo now properly shows itself as a named jpg file, but they are still in the wrong position.

BUT! I notice that you stretch the dark and light blue background rectangles (base2.gif and contentL2.gif as well as contentR2.gif). Probably a good idea to draw those actual size for each page rather than stretching to fit. The stretched page with the animal photos seems to work, so I can't say if this helps any. But the Meet the Staff page is stretched the farthest.

Keep at it!

Tom

BTW--now that I look again, it seems to me the photos don't need to be moved; it's actually the paragraphs that need to be repositioned.

Comment

Righty ho, back to it again.........Tomorrow, I need sleep!

Thank you so much for all your help & I will definately keep at it, it might be my first go at building a site but I want it to be right.

Comment

I've fixed most of the problems now, I think?
                            Opinions gratefully received no matter how harsh.

Comment

If it is listed as a keyword in your metatags, you must have that keyword in the text of that page...for example, you have mouse, rat, birds, etc. for your index page but these words are not in your text. Get rid of the ones that are not somewhere in the text of the page.

Some of them are not real useful for search...If I was looking for birds, I wouldn't want your site to be in the list because you don't offer birds for sale. Just use the keyword phrases that will be used by someone looking to help animals, or adopt, foster, etc. You probably will be better off using just a few phrases, like...animal rescue, rescue helpers, and animals for adoption, etc. Sometimes less is better.

Keyword spamming is a common problem for new sites and I am just trying to help. Good Luck.

P.S. Overall, your site is asthetically pleasing and the navigation is very good. Very nice work!
                              Last edited by karenwms63; 07-13-2008, 03:12 PM. Reason: Add P.S.
                              Karen Williams
                              Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
                              X