Harsh Critics Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harsh Critics Needed

Hello all,This is the first time i have ever designed, built and published a website. I really need some harsh but constructive criticism to put me on the right road before i get too carried away.how is my layout, design, navigation? i want you to tell me everything no matter how big or small, don't worry i'm a big boy, i can handle it :)obviously the site is lacking in some information, i will do that when i feel i have the layout perfect.Thanks in advance

Re: Harsh Critics Needed

Well.. you could start by posting a link. You got all excited for the spanking and forgot to invite us to the party.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Great start, i forgot to post the link:)

www.thecanineforum.com

Comment

we must have posted at the same time Karen.

i blame the nerves, either that or sub-consiously i dont want the critisism:)

Comment

One thing you need to do is name the pages you have them untiled your off to a good start good luck.
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

25 views of this message and only one review (thanks jkadin)
            come on people tell me what i need to improve, i really need the help here

Comment

yes.. page titles are important.. and that grass background i guess on the message board really detracts from the messages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I would change the forums to the fantastico phpbb 3.0 supplied in your control panel, proboards is great if you want to run a free online forum, but for professional sites I suggest using a forum thats based within your site, keep people from leaving your site!

GD13,

Comment

I was going to write I think the grass needs to be mowed.lol
                  sigpicJoe
                  Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post
                    25 views of this message and only one review (thanks jkadin)
                    come on people tell me what i need to improve, i really need the help here
                    The layout and look of the main page is nice. You need to do your page titles and start working your seo. You need to fix the small stuff and polish it up.. you really dont need a boot in the butt to do that do you? or someone to really lay it all out? If i did that youd report the post and go away in tears...which is why i dont like to do site reviews.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Nice job... criticisms really as everyone else... get rid of the green background on the forum and sort out your page titles. Otherwise great site.
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

thanks all, i got rid of the grass and now its bright green, yuk. the forum still needs work, last on my list really so ignore the forum for now:)

thanks again everyone

Comment

the main page's good but i don't like the Enter button...and when i click on it...it's so greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Comment

Holy cow !
                            Are you sure this is the first time you've designed a site, or are ya telling porkies ;)
                            Its looks great, especially the home page. The piccie of the dog and girl at the top looks cool !
                            The only criticism I have (as someone else mentioned) is the green background on the Forum page. It kinda hits you in the face lol and takes the fluidness away from the rest of the site, which looks really cool.
                            Thought I had come to a gardening store there lol
                            Anyway, just my 2 cents, but a really cool site for a first attempt I must say, well done !
                            www.psnutrition.co.uk
                            Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Looks great!

I agree that the green forum background is incongruent with the muted colours of the rest of the site.
                              I think it would be better to reduce the size of the forum pic - keep the width but crop to reduce the height - to bring the forums up closer to the top of the page.

The site logo on the homepage 'the canine forum' looks like it could be *****er. (the letters have slightly jagged edges.)

It's usually best to underline links - the link on your links page is not underlined.

I really like the colours and photos you've used - on the whole looks very inviting!

Comment

Working...
                              X