Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new contact page - Problem

Hi Guys

I have used the form wizard in the BlueVoda website builder to build a form on my contact page.

I have tested it and it works fine in the preview mode, but when I publish it, I still see the old contact details page.

Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong?

I have listed below the settings that I currently have on my form wizard under the properties tab.

Thanks
    Rangaz007

General Tab:
    Form Name: Contact Perfect Sense
    Action: Grey'd out
    Method: Grey'd out
    Encoding Type: Left blank
    Use built in PHP form processor: Has a tick in the box
    Email address: enquiries@perfect-sense-nutrition.co.uk
    Subject: Contact information
    Success url: http://www.perfect-sense-nutrition.co.uk/success.html
    Failure url: http://www.perfect-sense-nutrition.co.uk/error.html
    Hidden fields box: Left Blank

Layout Tab:
    Enable grid: has a tick next to it.

Events tab: Is blank.
    www.psnutrition.co.uk
    Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Re: My new contact page - Problem

You must delete the contact.html page from your server and the link goes to contact.html instead of contact.php.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Ok, I think ive just balls'd this up.

I went into my CP, into file manager, deleted the contact.html page in the public_html folder, then saved the contact page in bluevoda as contact.php, and re-published. But this hasnt worked. Have I done this right ?
      Can someone plse talk me through it?
      www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

The contact page has already been published correctly as I could see it when I answered your last post. It is still appearing correctly. You must change the LINK on your pages to:

You have not published your "success" page yet and probably not the "error" page either
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Did you actually create / publish your "success" page ?

I could not locate this OR your error page
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Here is an example of a success page. It is not named "success" because I use a different form format.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Ok guys, I have created a success & failure page and I have just published them.

I dont know whats happened, but when you click on the contact tab on my website now, it comes up with the below error.

Not Found

The requested URL /contact.html was not found on this server.
              Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
              Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.perfect-sense-nutrition.co.uk Port 80

I have changed the page link name to " http://www.perfect-sense-nutrition.co.uk/contact.php " in the tab menu properties, under the general tab, is this correct ?
              www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Ok, now when you click on the contact tab on my web-site, it comes up with the correct page, but there is loads of code above it.
                Any ideas how I get rid of this, and where its being sourced from ?
                Thanks
                www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Ok, this has turned into a real dogs dinner now.
                  I deleted a html/txt file from the file manager called contact.html, but left the contact.php one in there. Now nothing on the contact page loads.
                  I think I best delete everything then re-publish one page at a time.
                  www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Looks like to did delete and re-publish a page at a time. I just displayed your contact page and no coding appeared for me. Also, I filled out your
                    form for a test and sent it to you.
                    Looks to me as though you have solved your problem.
                    P V WebSolutions

Comment

So, after someone sends you an inquiry how do they get to your Services (or any other) page?
                      What I am saying is to make it as easy as possible to navigate to another page on your site.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Ok, this is really weird guys. When I click on my contact tab on my site, I get the below error. This is as of 9.12pm (UK Time, GMT).

And yes I did get the test emails, so thanks for those guys, but I guess it was working fine when you filled them out, but now somethings gone wrong.

Ah, I see where your coming from CarbonTerry. At the momement theres not way to get back to my site once an enquiry has been sent. Thanks for pointing this out. I will look at that soon as I can get the conact tab to work. I still cant see what you guys see, which is weird.

Not Found

The requested URL /contact.html was not found on this server.
                        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                        Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.perfect-sense-nutrition.co.uk Port 80
                        www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Right. I've logged a support ticket to get the file I deleted in the file manager a couple of hrs ago restored. Hopefully this will fix the problem, as it must of been working fine in order for some of you to fill out the email form, as I have the test emails come through fine.

I'm gonna go stick my head in the freezer now for an hour, cause its starting to hurt :O
                          www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Your link still goes to contact.html (on my browser) instead of contact.php
                            Have you re-published the pages after changing the link?

I reached the correct contact page by manually entering the 'php" extension.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Can you just confirm where I change the link name, i'm getting a bit confused here. Is it in the cp, or the website builder, or both ?
                              I can see the above link with the .php extension, so it does work, just isnt linked properly.
                              www.psnutrition.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X