Up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up and running

I would be extremely pleased if you could review my site. Only 2 pages online at the moment as I'm a mature newbie and move a little slow!! The brain that is.

I had a little hic-cup trying to get online and thought anyone else might like to take a note? I could not publish my site and it was because I had re-directed my NS from Bravenet to BlueVoda. I had updated everything as I should have done but nothing happened when I tried to 'publish' and 'crawl'.

This was because I had to enter public_html/waterlandspark.co.uk in the publish 'folder' not just public_html. It took days for this to come to light, so I thought if anyone else has the same problem......

Anyway, I'm there now so it's http://www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Many thanks

Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Re: Up and running

I should have explained that better - my original NS was waterlandspark.com (Which I got with Bravenet and re-directed) and I had to add waterlandspark.co.uk (Which I got from BV) to waterlandspark.com in cpanel.

Bit complicated, but I told you it was my age!!

Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

You really should go back and properly title all your pages .... for instance, you have your index page titled (in Page Properties) "waterlands.bvp" which not only defeats any purposeful intention for possible optimization efforts, but is outside of everything taught in the Tutorials and standard web practice!
      A better suggestion would be something like "Waterlands Park Stud Stallions, Horse Breeding & Services in Devon"

Maybe while you are at it, you can enter more of the Meta Tag info in PAGE PROPERTIES and the whole scheme will become clearer to you, allowing you to make great "updates" to this important aspect of your website.

The site looks nicely thought out, and is presented nicely, and further "updates" and creative modifications (believe me, they will seem endless as time goes on --- we all instinctively reach for "perfection" like it or not!) will only add to the brilliance that is emerging even now.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks. I had re-titled my pages as I thought that might be why I couldn't publish. I will change them all back again.

Patsy
        www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Patsy, some of pages are centered in the Browser and some load up to the left. It would be better if they all loaded the same.
          For me the navigation buttons located in the middle seemed odd. Choose a place on each page that is the same spot to locate the buttons. It will
          prove better navigation in the future.
          on another note...... Wow! What beautiful horses! Great site to display them, the pictures are great!
          Good luck,
          P V WebSolutions

Comment

I love the look of your site. The photographs are great and it is still fast loading. I think the white space is an excellent foil for the beautiful horses.
            Like you, I am a mature newbie so cannot comment on all the technical stuff but can say I loved the photographs so much that I read the details about most of the horses.
            Sandra
            Sandra

Comment

Things are improving already just fine.....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the help and comments - all taken on board and being worked on.
                Glad you like my horses - I think they are beautiful but then I would!
                Past
                www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X