Review my new design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my new design

Please review my new design of my existing site. I have had ths site for a while, but it always looked childish and "home-made".

http://www.allstarwash.com

Voda Rocks!

Re: Review my new design

To me you got a awesome site I would leave it as is flows good navigates good you have done a great job.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I think you site looks great! The navigation buttons all work and the videos are a nice touch. I wish we had access to your product where I live, Puerto Vallarta, Mx. Lots of houses could use the soft wash!
      Good Job!
      P V WebSolutions

Comment

Hi, site looks real good. Not sure on the drop down menu! But this is just a personal thing. Visitors would find it quicker to just have a text menu.
        You will have to go through your key words & tags area to have a sort out, as its not very SE friendly. Have a read of Bethers book on this forum, as there is some handy tips.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I really like your site - I would certainly ask you to clean my house.
          Patsy
          www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Looks great!! - good visuals with the before and after shots - shows exactly what terrific results you can achieve.
            I think you've done a really good job of showing & explaining what you do.

As said above, a little work on seo would really benefit your site. (& Beth's ebook has important tips - it's in her signature)

On your homepage, it would be good for seo if all of the text that you have in bold type are made into links. Maybe also have some phrases that people would type into a search engine to find you, such as 'how to clean a dirty roof'

Instead of the 'Go menu' that you have on your homepage, a text menu would allow visitors to see all the pages straight away (and will also help with seo)
            I can see why you've used a go menu though - to save space so that your business address and contact details can easily be seen?

I was a little confused about how to return to your homepage until I remembered to look in your Go menu list.

Something not essential, but good to have is a logo that returns people to your homepage if they click on it. You can do this by either having your logo link to your homepage or by placing a transparent shape over your logo and having the shape link to your homepage.
            (except for your homepage of course - no point having the homepage link to the homepage :) )

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I will read Beths Ebook tonight. I'm scared to mess with the SEO stuff, since what most people search for me by usually pulls me in the top 3 results. But, I know it needs to be done. I'm just scared of ruining my ranking.

Comment

Hi, All-Star Pressure Washing will be found very quickly with the search engines & should be kept. But this part is easy, as you are quite likely to be the only All-Star Pressure Washing company in the US & the SE’s will only show you as a search if this is entered. It’s the new customers that you need to concentrate on, that don’t know your name, and would only enter a search of just “pressure washing Ridgeland” & similar. Its sometimes worth thinking in reverse as to what! & all you would enter to find a pressure washing company in your area & didn’t have a name to look for.
                Now think about how this can be sensibly be entered within the text of the page & then into the key words & description.

Good luck.
                PS. Do you use the phrase jet wash in the states? Or is this more a UK thing.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, that's what I was talking abut. If you search Yahoo for "Pressure washing Ridgeland", ALL-Star is #2, and my other business, Pressure Pro, is #1

This works for any service of mine like "Roof Cleaning", "Concrete Cleaning" so on when you search for it in any city in my metro area.

Since my service area is local, it is only the local search types that I am concerned with. If I was selling a product over the net I would be more concerned with a global market.

If you do a Google search, it's even better. One of my businesses, more for All-Star, shows p in one way or another for EVERY listing on the first page! I couldn't get better than that!

SEO stuff is a booger some times.

Comment

hello...!
                    i think it really looks great. i am a new one among you all.....
                    To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep.

Comment

Nice site, as mentioned before I personally do not like the go menu. You could still save space by using a menu bar, have it expand horizontally or verticly which ever you feel but as soon as the user runs their mouse over it, it will show the contents of your site. Good Luck and Good job.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net
                      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. It's people like you that help Voda users succeed.

I had my list down the side, but it looked to cluttered.

Voda Rocks!

Comment

I like your new design...Great header and I liked your layout.
                          I understand your idea to remove the clutter with the drop down. Visually I think you are right, but.......I do agree with the thoughts on drop down menus. I would probably only click on it once - maximum twice - but I would click on more of your pages if they were listed so I only needed to click once. Fantastic site overall and I would call you if you were in Adelaide, Australia.
                          Sandra
                          Sandra

Comment

Working...
                          X