No announcement yet.

Is this website slow or is it just Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this website slow or is it just Me?

it takes a while to download the home page and other pages too. i love my website. oh btw this is my first one ever thx to blue voda. Please let me know if you guys think it takes too long to load also.

BTW im not finished with the website im like 40% done. i need to add more Ebooks, alot more. thx

www.ireadfree.com

Re: Is this website slow or is it just Me?

It's not online yet, is it Racso?
    Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Hi, apart from a fill in add, i cant see your site. Have you published it yet????
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your site is up and running loads good but its way to wide you got to get to 800-1000 wide so theres no scrolling. Looks good the only page I looked at was the homepage.
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Your site loads fine and looks good. However your menu buttons would be better placed at the top of the page so they are clearly visible without having to trundle down the page (text links are a good idea for the bottom)

Regards

Darren

Comment

I like your concept completely, and think that with the tightening of the page/site design and meticulous efforts to properly optimize, your website my become soooooo much bigger than you could possibly have dreamed!

Plan for that now, by really *****ening up the theme/design, and try to create a "look" and/or recognizable Logo that will carry you up the ladder to global popularity.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi

I agree with Vasili - you have a really good idea there - it just needs a theme and optimisation (and yes, a lot more ebooks!)

Oh, and think about putting in a newsletter - you could update members once a month etc on new ebooks you have.

Comment

ok fixed some stuff

ok i fixed the homepage and categories page a bit how does it look now?
                www.ireadfree.com

Comment

Read my post on your other thread you got alot of tweaking to do if you want a awsesome site and its right under your fingertips.
                  sigpicJoe

Comment

I didn't realise that there were already so many sites doing this - such as free-ebooks.net, getfreeebooks.com (and how did I forget about Project Gutenberg!?!)

You might be better off spe******ing in one area - and optimising for that. Just a thought!

(Some of your google ads are partly covered up. Although I *think* google would be understanding when you are just learning to build a site, it's against their TOS.)

Comment

Hi racso15y,

Nice website. But it would be better to "shrink fit" the width of the pages.

Btw, that are no links yet for the two ebooks "Baby Safety" and "teach yr child to read" yet? Real eager to read these two ebooks.

Will visit yr website real soon again. Gd job!
                      Cheers,
                      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
                      A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Well I not sure if you read my post before it was deleted. If you are looking to have an awesome site which is at hands reach you have a lot of worrk to do you got to get your page anywhere from 800-1000 your banner width is 1275 your page width is close to 1400 both are way to wide. Your pages are not titled need keywords or keyword phases. In your catergories page you have a link banner cover some of the links there. You have a private policy in a form box instead of a page that page is untitled you need a link to it on every page I could go on hope you get the point to name pages use keywords the optermize the site and you will have a awesome site its at your finger tips.
                        sigpicJoe

Comment

ok i made changes to my website, it dosn't go as slow anymore but when i try to check out online, it isn't there any more. It says "internet cannot read this page format" http 406 not acceptable.

what do i do?

Comment

Your pages come up the way it looks is that you just lowered the width on page properties by doing this you have alot of over lapping on every page under the menu bars on home page. Take your time do not rush. What I would do is work on page by page and the pages that are not done put up a page saying under contruction. Because you are already on the net and a customer sees the way you have it right now you will lose them forever which you do not want if they see the page under contruction they will most likely to return. Remember take your time preview it in both browsers ie7 and mozzila adjust accordingly. When all is done and you have keywords and phases in place you will be glad you did.
                            sigpicJoe

Comment

Also I just noticed that you have adds by albrite why not adsense you have adds that do not even relate to your site by doing this I beleve it will not help by search engines well I could be wrong but the adds should relate to your site.
                              sigpicJoe

Comment

Working...
                              X