• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taijitu
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Please, if you have the time......

Please, if you have the time, road test my site for me. Thank you.

I'm obliged to you all.

Regards,

Taijitu
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Please, if you have the time......

Not sure what went wrong? But crashed my browser twice? Viewing in Fire fox.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Taijitu
      Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hello Chris,

Thanks for looking at it but I don't know why your browser crashed. I have no problems with IE 7 or Firefox 3 visiting my website locally and my family in the UK, in Japan and in the USA also report that it can be navigated easily.

Regards,

William

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi William,

I just visited you website and everything is ok.

Only advice is do not use a white text background over a colored shape.

Just change the color of the fonts to suit the blue color of your shapes.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Taijitu
          Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Thank you for giving me some of your time. I'm much obliged to you Zuriatman and I'll look at your kind suggestion.

William

Comment

• D'son
            Major General

• Apr 2008

Your home page takes a long time to load, I found the lotus flower 5 jpg is over 590KB, also your page are much to wide. Set them to 800 to 1000 and click center in browser. The link to houses dosen't work, the page transitions take too long. Now for the positives, nice layout, beautiful pictures and graphics. Nice layout and clean design. Good Job, take care of the things mentioned above and we'll have a deeper look.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• EricPSF
              Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2006

Hi,

I like the way you have presented the website and how you have organised the buttons.

Yes, the width seems too long. Shorten it will makes yr website looks pro.

I took sometimes to download the full page too.

Other than that,very cool website.
              Cheers,
              Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
              A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

• jkadin
                Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

First of the site is nice good concept. Now the tweaks why do you have your pages set at 1414 wide thats your background your main webpage is at 800 wide thats where it should be so go in page properties and set it at 800 there will be no scrolling, next you got to work down the kbs on some of your images with a pix resizer the pages take way to long to load there are still lets say 50% have dial up not sure the exact number they will leave and not wait and never return not a good thing. Your off to have an awesome site take the advise here a link for the pix resizer.
                http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm good luck with it.
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• patsy121105
                  Major

• Jul 2008

Lovely site with beautiful pictures. I found it easy to navigate. I agree, the page does not need to be so widw and would look good set at 800 -1000 and centred. I used Pixresizer to make my photos both smaller and larger, as necessary and if you make all 20 images the same size that would be stunning. One, (Polo) is way too big and a couple are way too small. Liked it very much
                  Patsy
                  www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

• Taijitu
                    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Originally posted by patsy121105 View Post
                    Lovely site with beautiful pictures. I found it easy to navigate. I agree, the page does not need to be so wide and would look good set at 800 -1000 and centred. I used Pixresizer to make my photos both smaller and larger, as necessary and if you make all 20 images the same size that would be stunning. One, (Polo) is way too big and a couple are way too small. Liked it very much
                    Patsy
                    Thank you Patsy. I have made all 20 pictures the same size (more or less, depending on the orientation) as you suggested. The Polo horse was huge and the golf courses were tiny compared with the rest!!!! It does look much better now.

Now, I will put my mind to resizing each page...it looks a daunting task to do each one and move all the items to accommodate the new size. But, here goes!!!! Thanks again Patsy

Comment

• journey462001
                      Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2007

tiajitu, if this is your first attempt at a website you are to be highly congratulated.
                      every bit of advise offered in previous posts is important.
                      i think the most important thing i have learned in building a site,
                      as well as pc's and graphic design in general, is organization.
                      it is so important to standardize size pages, center pages, stick with no more than 3 fonts or colors, size images correctly and save everything into the correct folder. as in life many times shortcuts lead to failure.
                      you are off to a great start and i wish you luck in your business as well.

www.limitationsmusic.com
                      journey462001
                      www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
                        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, ditto with the above comments. You need to aim your pages at being 3-400kb max to make fast loading pages. You front page is being bogged down buy this image LINK that is around 1400kb.
                        You also have some great looking images on the site, but! they are being distorted by using the blue image handles to resize them.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• SAman
                          Major General

• Mar 2007

You have done a very good job. Looks like you mainly need to just tweak it a little. As has been said, the page width is too wide. All your pages loaded pretty good but I am on a very fast connection. Some of your pics are quite large. Don't resize them with grabbing the corners because that won't cut the file size very much, and it will just distort them. As mentioned use picresizer.
                          Good Luck!!
                          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• Taijitu
                            Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Originally posted by journey462001 View Post
                            tiajitu, if this is your first attempt at a website you are to be highly congratulated.
                            every bit of advise offered in previous posts is important.
                            i think the most important thing i have learned in building a site,
                            as well as pc's and graphic design in general, is organization.
                            it is so important to standardize size pages, center pages, stick with no more than 3 fonts or colors, size images correctly and save everything into the correct folder. as in life many times shortcuts lead to failure.
                            you are off to a great start and i wish you luck in your business as well.

www.limitationsmusic.com
                            Yes.......this is my very first attempt at building a website and I have to thank "BlueVoda" and the Community for guiding me through it. Thank you for your best wishes and I'm off now to build another website for a sub-branch in Phuket.....and I'll take heed of all of the advice given to me.

Comment

• Taijitu
                              Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                              Hi, ditto with the above comments. You need to aim your pages at being 3-400kb max to make fast loading pages. You front page is being bogged down buy this image LINK that is around 1400kb.
                              You also have some great looking images on the site, but! they are being distorted by using the blue image handles to resize them.
                              Thank you Chris. I realise that particular image is slowing down the loading of the front page. I will rethink this part of the page to make the loading faster. I'm having some weird problems with the blue image handles now, and the cursor arrows and dragging and dropping with the mouse.....but I'll post this problem on the appropriate forum.

William

Comment

Working...
                              X