No announcement yet.

please review my first ever web pages!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please review my first ever web pages!

I would appreciate any feedback on my first attempt at a website.
    The url is www.piccoloparadiso.info
    When I look at the pages, everything seems in the correct place, but I have reports from friends that the photos are over the prices etc.
    Anyone got any ideas why this is happening and what to do about it please?
    Thanks for your time, and a big thank you to Blue Voda - what a fantastic team!

Re: please review my first ever web pages!

Everything looks good and the pictures / wording are all set up right.

Only things i would mention would be to center your site in the browser so your site isnt set to the left of the page. (Right click page properties and under first tap check the box for 'center in browser')

Other thing would be to maybe set all your text on a white or off white box. Can leave the background blue but text over blue for some people is hard to read.

Other then that looks nice.
    Darc

sigpic
    www.drwdesigners.com

www.diydatabase.net

Comment

Very nice, very simple and clean. You might think about some kind of border or frame for the page, to kind of center the focus. The color didn't bother me too much, but maybe just a little bit lighter. The place looks fantastic!!
      Good Luck!!
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thank you both for your comments and suggestions; I have tried to implement them... it all looks ok at first glance, however one problem occurs: when I link back from the italian or german version to the english, I'm still getting the old version english page coming up. Any further suggestions on this point gratefully accepted please. (PS The place is fantastic, Mike!!) Thanks again, Chris.

Comment

I just checked the site again. Changes look much better.

I clicked on both languages and back to english and everything looks good. Only thing i noticed is when changing languages the pages move some, which probably isnt a big deal since people will only change the language once.

To solve that problem in the future when each page is the same minus a few elements;

- Create the page as you wish with all the parts that will be on every page..background / boxes / navigation buttons / logo etc. Then save this as your template. Then add in what you want for your home page and save and same for each other page. This way each page will be in exactly the same spot so when people navigate it doesnt jump around.

Good luck!
          Darc

sigpic
          www.drwdesigners.com

www.diydatabase.net

Comment

Thanks for the tip Darc - I'd wondered how to do that!
            Thanks again for your help.
            Chris

Comment

Hi, your off to a good start & its a nice looking place to stay. On the web side you need to set the page width to 844 to center the page. You also need to get the words (Text) Croatia & Adriatic Sea into the page. With Croatia being a newish area for holidays over the last few years, some of the names won’t be so familiar with many visitors.
              It might be an idea to think about adding things like a calendar to show when it is booked & when available with a date on the updates. This could be a simple image.
              Would also be nice to show some details & images of the local towns/country/restaurants/ transport/airport/car hire/ & so on, so visitors know what to expect & what’s available.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for your comments Chris. I have changed the page width and added your suggestions about the Adriatic. I am working on the rest ... Thanks again for your helpful suggestions - I really appreciate it.
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X