• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crashisclay
    Private

• Jul 2008

New Site

This is probably a simple fix but I cant seem to figure out how to make my pages automatically resize for different screen resolutions. other than that, I am open for constructive criticism.

Thanks! www.abellrc.com

L8R ~ Clay
  • Darctanion
    Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2007

Re: New Site

I could be wrong but your page properties determine what resolution your webpage will be. Once you set that it doesn't change no matter what resolution the computer is that is viewing it.

Common practice is to keep the width of your page at 800 so people who are still on 800x600 resolutions don't have to side scroll.

But basically your page size doesn't change, the view of it changes depending on different computers.
    Darc

sigpic
    www.drwdesigners.com

www.diydatabase.net

Comment

• SAman
      Major General

• Mar 2007

Darc is right. What you do with your page will not change the resolution seen on others computers. As he said if you keep your page width below 1000, usually 800 or so then most every body will be able to see the whole page with out scrolling side ways..... this is annoying. Just make sure you set your size and start your page in the top left hand corner, and click the center in browser box on the page properties and you will be fine. Looks as though you have done a great job already. Your button to enter the site is not very visible though, you might want to try something to make it stand out a little more.
      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• nzbr
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Dec 2006

Hi There,

I personally don't like having an 'Enter' page. It's one extra click people have to do and what for? You should be able to go to the site as fast as possible.

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

• Crashis Clay
          Corporal

• Jun 2008

Well, thanks for the great input, anyone else have an opinion about enter pages?

Thanks....
          ~ Clay

Comment

• patsy121105
            Major

• Jul 2008

A lot of work there already!
            Nice clear pages and good pics.
            Some pages took a very long time to open (over1 minute) and there was nothing there - I assume this is because you are still working on them - just gone back and page has opened now. (Outerwear) Found the same problem with other pages.
            Couldn't get radios/scanners/receivers to open
            Once it's tweaked you will have an excellent site.
            Good luck
            Patsy
            www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

• Crashis Clay
              Corporal

• Jun 2008

Thanks again for the kind words, yea, some of the product catagories are empty still and the slow page loads are probably due to the fact that I am always working on it in one way or another. Thanks for the pat on the back, they feel good once in a while ;)

Clay

Comment

Working...
              X