New and Improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and Improved

Ok guys here is my new and improved (I Hope) web site please put it through its paces and dont hold back any punches, any ideas about how to get the pages to display "Smoothly"?

www.wtxleathernecks.org

Thanks

Santini

Re: New and Improved

First off your pages are way way to wide should be set so theres no scrolling is 800-1000 width. Your page titles are just about all the same no keyword or phases will not help you for seo. Color scheme is very good. Other than that great start.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Your site is kinda hard to critique, Santini. You've done a wonderful job, but still need to do some tweaking here and there. For example, your logo on every other page but the index, is covering the name of the organization. A way to rectify this is bv would probably be, for now, to bring the text to front (right click on the text and Bring To Front).

I say this because I'm not sure if you have another program like lets say, Fireworks or a program of that nature, to do an embossed or glow effect that would make the writing stand out in front of the logo. I'll see if I can show you what I mean a little later.

I second the color scheme compliment. Pretty nice.
      HalaalPages.com
      FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Hey Santini,

check out this link. Those are two pics of your logo design; I tried to make it as exact as you have it on your pages. They both have a transparent background and are on a bv image. To see how they really look without any external factors, right click and view image. As you can see, I did a white one, which was really by accident, but seemed nicer on the background...much easier to read. Feel free to use these pics if you want.
        HalaalPages.com
        FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Thanks for the input. Page width is 1024 thought that was the "new" standard? like what youve done with the logo. As usual appreciate anothers point of view.

Santini

Comment

Originally posted by santini View Post
            Thanks for the input. Page width is 1024 thought that was the "new" standard? like what youve done with the logo. As usual appreciate anothers point of view.

Santini
            the standard is based on the intention of the site...if you want to reach ALL POSSIBLE visitors without horizontal scrolling...then you want your page width not to exceed 800 px...

...however, if it is not a "commercial or business" site...the majority of sites are setting their page widths at 990 to 1000 px wide.
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi Santini,
              The very end of your 'About us' page is showing the text going out of the red square. I'm using FF.
              Keep up with the hard work!
              Cheers,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Very nice! I like it!

Navigation is good...tweak the rough edges of design like nzbr suggested...

These are the keywords I got from view source for your index page:
                motorcycle, club, west texas ,lmc, usmc, leathernecks, marines, marine corps,veterans,veteran

I, meaning my opinion (ya know the "drill" about opinions), would keep west texas but I would have it as...west texas motorcycle club...

And ditch the rest...motorcycle, club, etc. are way too generic...

and combine them: motorcycle club...motorcycle club for marines...leatherneck motorcycle club...motorcycle club for marine veterans...(but I would keep the one, leathernecks, cause only leathernecks would want everything related to that term in their search...LOL).

If you do get traffic from those words individually, the visitors will not be happy...cause you do not sell motorcycles and a visitor doesn't get info on enlisting, or history of the marines in general, or wiki on marines, and on and on...

OR forget the keywords and just use the meta description for everything you can squeeze out of it
                (meta description is the sentence, or sentences, under your page "title" that shows in the search returns)
                because many search engines will be following Google's lead away from meta keywords in the near future...

CONTENT IS KING!

Use phrases for your keywords...and make sure that those exact phrases are in your text on the pages that they are listed...

But, Visually, musically,...I really like your site! And going through your site made me want to jump the hog and hit the highway...

I think you are on your way to an awesome site!
                Last edited by karenwms63; 08-07-2008, 09:42 AM. Reason: grammar
                Karen Williams
                Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
                X