• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendahanlon@aapt.net.au
    Corporal

• Jul 2007

New Website...please comment.

Hi I have had my website up and running for a few months now...and already have some students.

I would like to hear what other members think of my efforts as I have started from knowing nothing to learning quite a bit as I go.

The domain name is http://www.guidenseek.com Of course I am not fully enlightened yet so any suggestions would be great. Thank you in advance.

Brenda Hanlon
    brendahanlon@aapt.net.au
  • HalaalPages
    Sergeant Major

• Aug 2008

Re: New Website...please comment.

Nice work, Brenda. You've put a lot of work into your site and it shows. My only critique for you is that your site is too wide. If I have to scroll and I'm viewing on a 17", I can only imagine how it will be for viewers with smaller screens. As a rule of thumb, always try to keep your pages 800 or below. Other than that, everything looks good. Great job!
    HalaalPages.com
    FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

• rangaz007
      First Lieutenant

• Jun 2008

Hi Brenda

Nice clean site & easy on the eyes. Well done.

Only suggestion (as above) would be to reduce the width of your pages, so people dont have to scroll across to read the text you have.
      www.psnutrition.co.uk
      Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Corporal

• Jul 2007

Thank you so much for your comments...the only thing that worries me is that I do have my pages set at 800...so I am not sure quite what to do there. However the writing I noticed goes beyond that mark...probably a silly basic question but is this the problem?

Brenda

Comment

Corporal

• Jul 2007

Ok I just checked back on my site and tried to make a page that finished all the writing at the 800 check mark, but when I previewed it there was still a full page of background and the right hand side looked ridiculous as if I had forgotten to put something on it. What am I doing wrong please? Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
          Brenda

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, it’s a bit of getting back to basics with BV.
            When you start to build your page you need to set the page properties up. Normally set the page width to somewhere between 800 & 1000 then check the center in browser tick box.
            You should now have a blank page with ruler lines to work within. This will keep the page from having side scroll.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• bysandra
              Major

• Jun 2008

Brenda, I am really new at this - but I think I can help with this one. position your curser in a blank spot on your opened page. Right click then click on 'page properties' When that opens it will be under the general tab - on the page width optio choose 800. The only thing is that it may change some of the design elements. When I used the centre page option here I had to change some of my other things on every page.
              BTW I like your site. Easy to navigate around, attractive and some great information. Only thing I was not keen on (personal preference only) was the green font for your navigation. I always find it hard to read.

Sandra
              Sandra

Comment

• bysandra
                Major

• Jun 2008

Sorry Brenda, just read your post before and say that you had it set at 800

Comment

• bysandra
                  Major

• Jun 2008

Brenda, I cloned one of my pages in BV and did a quick test. Even when I made the page width 800 - if I already had a wider text box I still had to scroll. Just a suggestion to try - go into one of your pages and make the text box narrower. You may have to make the page wider again so that you can click on the left to make the text box narrower. Then set your page back to 800. This might help.

Comment

Corporal

• Jul 2007

Thank you I will give that a try...sounds good.
                    Brenda

Comment

Working...
                    X