Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We'd love to hear from you about our site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'd love to hear from you about our site!

Here is it. We have officially launched our site live on the world web. ODAV OnLine is just created and designed by visionary amateur/s and of course, with the aid of user friendly BlueVoda Web Builder.
    Special thanks to NavalDesign for his technical assistance and to the VodaHost Support Team for their valued & immediate responses on our submitted support tickets.
    Please visit our site, www.odavonline.com , and we shall expect and appreciate your comment/s for us to perfect or further improved our site features and services. Why not join us as well, just kidding; I am aware that this section is not purposely for advertisement. But we’ll surely make our ads outside that you’ll encounter us there. See u & Good Luck to us all!
    Best regards,

Odav OnLine WebPro
    www.odavonline.com
    ODAV OnLine...your business and engineering weblibrary!

Re: We'd love to hear from you about our site!

Congratulations on your first website through BV.

Into Page: Clicked on 'Skip intro' for two reasons. Firstly, there was NO intro... didn't work. Secondly, I hate flash intros (as do Search engines)

Worked when i went back to it later but not first attempt.

ALL pages are too wide and cause a sidewards scroll.

Home Page: This would be far more ideal as your actual index page, both for visitor navigation and search engine listings.

Page takes a while to download.

Page (no sorry...website) extremely busy, too crammed with too much varied info.. I don't know what I am looking at... an engineerring/construction website? A christain website? Sporting website?

The bottom of every page looks like my attic does at the moment, you know with all those boxes, rolls of odd bits of carpet, bits of old wood all piled up as there is nowhere else to put them?

Your log-in box moves position slightly depending on which page you are on.

I can't read about 80% of your text content on your website as the images of people jumping around are conflicting with the colour (color) of the text.

I can see you have definitely been very busy, but sorry, it doesn't do it for me.

Just my own personal opinion.. and you DID ask.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I agree with the above.. theres so much going on I cant even read what your site is about. Too many marquees, scrollers and animated things flying about.

Check other professional sites.. you wont see that, or very minimally.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

One of the first things I've learned in planning a site is not to over crowd with info. (Limited bells & whistles) if any. After all, isn't that the remedy using links ?

I see a lot of good ideas. But they contradict one another while all crammed together on one page. One can't distinguish one good idea from the next.

I did like the intro. Probably because I'm planning one for my site.
        I think it's a great job. With some of the above mentioned tweaks, you'll have a nice site.
        Last edited by a2zhandi; 08-07-2008, 07:15 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

BV can be very exciting when one sees all the cool features that's possible to have on one's website. You just have to "curb" that enthusiasm a little bit. Like the others said, you have too much going on on your site. Honestly, I didn't go past your actual index page. Gotto to honest with you: the intro had me feeling I was going to really enjoy what was on the other end of your "skip intro", but rather, I felt sadly disappointed and a little disoriented. Don't let my or anybody else' "criticism" deter you though. You seem to have picked up a wealth of cool design techniques that if properly used could really work in your favor. Just...clean it up a little. And who knows, you could probably still use all the stuff you have on there. A little here, a little there...you know? PS: Did I mention I LOVED your intro?
          HalaalPages.com
          FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Hi ooicwebmaster

I've just had a look at your site, and i'm afraid I have to agree with what some of the above have said.

I did however like your intro, but I do think that it is slightly long. But then again you have got a skip intro button option.

I think the site itself has too much animation going on. Its quite distracting to the eye when you are trying to read the main text. Also, I feel that everything is a bit too crammed together so its makes for difficult reading.

I did really like the layout of your "client support" page. Its very crisp, minimal, clean and easy on the eye, and conveys a professional looking site. If somehow you can maintain this type of look throughout the other pages on your site, I think it would really address the above issues and also make for a much more professional looking site.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks
            www.psnutrition.co.uk
            Nutrition & Weight Management Spe******ts

Comment

Response to MARINCKY comments:

Your comment is noted with thanks. We are working it on now. However, we couldn’t accommodate to consider all your comments because we’ve designed the pages with its respective purposes.
              Sorry, if:
              a) You can't access our intro. I think it work with computers fast. But we choose to maintain it.
              b) We are now purchasing on Search Engine services. I think, they will work on that once we'll subcribed
              c) Since it's a "weblibrary" so we cater lots. But our exclusive services which features in our secured pages are our own produced materials on "ebooks & references for Engineering & Construction". Our members subscribes section in actually "no ads and no marques".
              d) Bottom pages, we look on to it. But maybe we'll maintain as is.
              e) Log-in? I don't get what you mean.
              f) This is plus point comments that we'll look onto it.
              g) Your opininion is highly appreciated. Thank you so much.
              We’ll get back again within a day or two to fix you plus points. Thanks again.

Last edited by ooicwebmaster; 08-08-2008, 01:49 AM. Reason: I forgot to put "Response to MARINCKY comments"
              Best regards,

Odav OnLine WebPro
              www.odavonline.com

Comment

Response to KAREN's comment:

Thanks for your comments. It's well said concisely. We'll look onto it! Thanks again.
                Best regards,

Odav OnLine WebPro
                www.odavonline.com

Comment

Response to a2zhandi's comment:

Thanks for the complement and friendly comments. Huh, I think i'll gonna received only negative comments in fact as I said our site is just done by amateur. Thanks again, again.
                  Best regards,

Odav OnLine WebPro
                  www.odavonline.com

Comment

Response to Halaal's comment:

Yup, we'll consider above comments. And please take a review and give comments again. We will work on comment a day or two. Thanks again.
                    Best regards,

Odav OnLine WebPro
                    www.odavonline.com

Comment

Response to rangas007's comment:

WOW! Thanks for your encouraging and so friendly comment. Please visit our site again soon.

*I have tried to reply directly under the sender's comment however i think it isn't posible.*

Ok, let me summoned my comments:

With the above comments dominantly describing your expectations, suggestions, and constructive critics for our site to look better, we would like to thank you for sparing us your precious time. We’ll surely take into consideration those comments for our services to be well-presented to general audiences.

Though, part of the comments are already visibly incorporated in our “members secured pages” which absolutely no ads and no marquees. Just plain Engineering and Construction eBooks & references…

Since we call our site “weblibrary” so might it fit to cater lots of services, right? Anyway, we are now working with those comments and we’ll get back to you within a day or two. Please visit us again and give your comments as well.

Above all, I love your practical & honest comments and wishes that you’ll keep it up for us amateur designers to develop deeply with keen observation on every aspect of professional web designing.

Thanks, guys and more power. God Bless!
                      Last edited by ooicwebmaster; 08-08-2008, 02:14 AM. Reason: Some grammar has to be changed.
                      Best regards,

Odav OnLine WebPro
                      www.odavonline.com

Comment

Well I agree with above statements.When I was first thinking about doing a website of all the people that I spoke with all more or less told me.
                        number one. Keep it simple.
                        Number two. Keep it informed.
                        Number three. No more than three colors.
                        number four. Keep it for your customers not yourself.
                        So when i put all four together I came out with a site and adter a few changes that I have done I had made quite a number of sales and the type of web and products is common. But I believe that putting all 4 together and keyword and phases in place and only had one of my websites less than a year and the other two are newer. So if you go by those 4 rules I believe anyone can make it.
                        Right now your site you have to much going on not a good thing but maybe to uou only not the customers.
                        sigpicJoe
                        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                        X